We’re looking for an engineer to help us build the next generation of the flagship Alteryx product, Alteryx Designer.
We are moving a legacy desktop application, Alteryx Designer, to the cloud. This is a huge and exciting initiative at Alteryx and we’re looking for a motivated self-starter to build Node.js microservices to support this effort.
An experienced Node.js engineer will help our team establish patterns and best practices while building the services to power Alteryx’s platform of tomorrow. Security and performance in the cloud will be primary concerns. You will be working closely with engineering leaders to delivery best-in-class micro-service architecture. Applicants should be very comfortable with Docker containers, pipelines and Express.js patterns as well as have familiarity with industry standard tooling.
· Agile / Lean organization principles
· Excellent communication
· Node.js + Express.js design patterns
· Testing patterns for Node.js + Typescript applications
· Proficiency with communicating with a database
· Experience with TypeScript
· Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant micro-services.
· Basic understanding of front-end frameworks, React.js preferred
· Knowledge of relevant security considerations
· Authentication best practices
· Pipeline configurations
Nice to Have’s
· CI/CD (Gitlab preferred)
· Experience with other server-side languages like .NET, Java / Spring, Ruby, Python, etc.
· Docker / Kubernetes
· Major cloud provider tooling (AWS, Azure, GCP)
· Experience with a cloud container service (ECS, AKS)
· Lead and guide the team in identifying and implementing new technologies.