Sr Software Engineer
The IHS Markit Data Delivery team is primarily responsible to deliver financial data to IHS Markit customers. It serves as the conduit between the Financial Markets division and all of our customers. The Data Delivery team works within a complex environment. It supports all of the Company’s financial markets products and services. The list of the data supported includes, but not limited to Credit Default Swaps (CDS), Corporate and sovereign bonds, fairvalue pricing, Global Securitized products, loan and derivative instruments, Municipal bonds, Liquidity Data, MarkitSERV licenses, Markit EDM, WSO, Markit Counterparty Manager, KYC, and KY3P.
Joining our team in Boulder, the candidate will be responsible for supporting and expanding our cloud/on-premise infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, onboarding/migration projects, and interact with the wider DevOps, QA and development team in Amsterdam, Noida and Singapore.
- Take ownership of the incidents during US hours.
- Maintain and expand the cloud infrastructure underpinning the data delivery.
- Set up monitoring using DataDog and PagerDuty.
- Build and automate CI/CD pipelines.
- Improve infrastructure reliability.
- Work on automations to build tools that help in reducing incident volume, improve monitoring system, provide better system overview/stability.
- Willing to participate in weekend DR switch, migration events.
Required Knowledge / Technologies
- Experience handling production issues under high pressure environment
- Working experience in one of the cloud computing platforms, preferably AWS
- Shell scripting
- Proficient in one of the database query language. Strongly preferred expertise in MongoDB/NoSQL
Desirable Skills / Technologies
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defence, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.