Sr Software Engineer (Web, IOS, and/or Android)
The Home + Entertainment division of T-Mobile is the next phase in the Un-carrier mobile video strategy. T-Mobile acquired TV technology innovator Layer3 TV which is a next generation provider spearheading a new era of home media, combining the best of television, social, and digital life. Together we will be launching a disruptive new TV service and we are doing to TV what we did to wireless: changing it for good! We offer excellent technology, team, location, competitive comp, bonus, stocks and perks!
Have you led or architected the development of applications on connected devices, AppleTV, FireTV and others? In this role, you will be working with the team to deliver outstanding experiences and change how we think of TV. If you have a strong passion for working across different platforms, continuous improvement, mentoring others, and know how to build quality maintainable software on connected devices, then you are likely a good fit for this role.
- Web, IOS, TVOS, Android and/or FireTV expertise to the team
- Collaborate daily with product managers, scrum masters, UX designers and software engineers
- Write applications using test-driven development techniques
- Design application solutions to moderately complex problems
- Develope and update support documentation
- Translate business and functional requirements into technical tasks and user stories
- Providing on-call and after-hours support as needed
- Seeks out strategic relationships that will increase team output, process accuracy, improve time to market and customer experience.
- Leverages the capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and demonstrates trust.
- Demonstrates integrity.
- Delivers feedback and develops team members and self through close collaboration.
- Creates a culture of recognition and elevates team visibility.
- Creates urgency by setting high standards for self and demonstrates a customer first attitude by keeping commitments and holding peers accountable.
Must have the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Technical expertise with two of the following Web, iOS, TVOS, Android, FireTV and/or Connected TV
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience working within agile methodologies.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with video streaming technologies like HLS
- HTML / CSS
- Up-to-date with the latest web technologies
- Knowledge of XCode and/or Android performance tools and optimization techniques
- 7+ years of professional related experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or related experience
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.