Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy to maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The developers on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
IHS Markit is seeking an experienced, driven, Senior Software Engineer who will report to the Director of Software Development for our currently unreleased digital transformation solution and lead agile development team. This role will be responsible for full-stack development activities in one of our scrum teams. The Senior Software Engineer is engaged with development, IT and product owner teams to build strategic architectures and frameworks to tackle complex business initiatives and deliver global commercial software releases.
- Responsible for developing cutting-edge, web-based applications that are deployed as micro frontend and microservices that run on Kubernetes and that emphasize usability, ease of deployment, performance, and scalability.
- Assume a leadership role in developing solutions using the Microsoft .NET technology stack and Angular framework.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Serve as mentor and coach to teammates and provide technical leadership to the team.
- Organize software development process as defined by the Agile Scrum process. This includes participating in the requirements gathering process and architecture of dedicated parts of the system. Experience with Azure DevOps is a plus.
- Work with the project team and internal customers to establish and understand requirements.
- Take on a championship role in on-time, high-quality delivery of products through the entire application lifecycle.
- Promote knowledge-sharing across product development teams.
- Believe in monitoring, QA, and security as a first-class citizen in any product.
- Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Four (4) or more years of increasing responsibility in technical roles, with 1 or more years of experience in guiding a development team.
- Experience in Microservice architecture and development including REST-based APIs.
- Cloud experience with deploying and integrating cloud-native applications with several providers.
- Knowledge about Resource-Oriented Architecture, SPARQL, RDF* is a plus.
- Passion for software development - enthusiasm for new technologies and their potential to make an impact.
- A bias to action - a willingness to "jump right in" with an emphasis on producing results.
- Highly collaborative - an affinity for solving complex problems through dialog with team members.
- Curiosity - always seeking the "why's" and "how's" in the interest of continuous learning and the mastery of a craft.
- Innovation - the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better ways of doing things to achieve business value.
- Comfortable with ambiguity - can begin to explore and solve complex problems even when the problem and solution are not always well-defined.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role is $91,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.