Sr. Software Engineer, Partners (Full-Stack)
Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
We’re looking for talented and motivated engineers with 4+ years of experience to join our new Partners product team in Denver. The team's mission is to multiply our customer impact through a thriving partner ecosystem, from the largest software companies to the smallest local accounting firms. By forging long-lasting industry partnerships, we can solve more problems for more businesses across the world.
Gusto engineers own features from end to end. You'll be involved with feature conception, build/modify the backend APIs (mostly Rails), write the front-end code that consumes said APIs (mostly React), and be responsible for ongoing improvements once the feature is live.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine the Gusto platform
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base, using our development workflow
- Work with our product and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate and launch daily
- Be surrounded by individuals who are doing the best work of their lives and loving every moment of it
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Passion for creating memorable experiences for customers
- Interest in technologies such as React.js, Ruby, and Rails
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- Successful track record building distributed, high-throughput applications that scale
- Experience turning wireframes and mockups into elegantly executed code
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- 4-year degree in Computer Science highly preferred
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.