Sr. Software Engineer, Partners (Full-Stack)
Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
We’re looking for talented and motivated engineers with 4+ years of experience to join our new Partners product team in Denver.
The team's charter is consists of two parts: 1) Designing, building, and maintaining our API so that partners can build on the Gusto Platform in a self-directed manner, and 2) optimizing our partner's in-app experience to they can effectively work with their Gusto-based customers. We believe that by forging long-lasting industry partnerships, we can solve more problems for more businesses across the world.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine the Gusto platform
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base, using our development workflow
- Work with our product and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate and launch daily
- Be surrounded by individuals who are doing the best work of their lives and loving every moment of it.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer
- Passion for creating memorable experiences for customers
- Interest in technologies such as React, Rails, and GraphQL
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- Successful track record building distributed, high-throughput applications that scale
- Experience turning wireframes and mockups into elegantly executed code
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.