Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We are part of the Funding Train. The Funding Train focuses on the development and delivery of features that enable critical billing and payment business functions for FIS. We work on various technologies to build everything from web applications to high volume batch processes.
What you will be doing
As part of the team, you will:
- Develop business logic, data access and data modeling with RMB multi-threaded or single-threaded batch jobs, IWS web services, SOAP web services and XML
- API and batch development using business services, scripts and maintenance objects
- Data creation, manipulation, maintenance and data accessibility on Oracle 12i database
- Assist with tuning the Database performance using indexes and partitions.
- Analyze, design, program, debug and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs
- Assist with defining system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- Fix, track and manage defects using Rally Software
What you bring:
- Knowledge in Oracle RMB (Revenue Management and Billing) entities for pricing, customer setup and billing.
- Experience with RMB zones, portals, UI maps, menu options
- Experience with Eclipse, Hibernate, direct SQL queries using prepared statements and handling RMB thread pools
- Experience with using source code control and for merging/managing multiple branches
- Ability to create technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience in Agile Methodology, CA Agile Central, Rally
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
- Knowledge of banking practices, regulations and operations
What we offer you
• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
• A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.