Travelers Haven (http://travelershaven.com) seeks a frontend-oriented engineer with strong abstract problem-solving abilities to join our engineering team. You will work directly with the executive team and the employees using our software to help shape the future of our company. Our team is small but focused on shipping quality product and we want to add a self-starter who truly enjoys software development, product ownership, solving problems, and learning something new every day.
In this position, you will be building new features for Travelers Haven in ReactJS and some AngularJS, with a Ruby on Rails API layer. The ideal candidate loves front-end development, is very strong with JS and CSS3, and has the ability to make long-term architectural decisions and identify refactoring needs within that space.
This is an in-office position without an option to work from home part-time. As a small team we do best if everyone is on the same schedule and can collaborate face-to-face when needed. The right candidate wants to be go-to resource for their areas of responsibility, share what they know and learn from teammates.
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply!
How We Work:
• We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments. Test results, deployments, and production monitoring alerts are posted to Slack.
• We do two-week sprints (Scrum). Outside of daily standups and weekly sprint planning and retrospectives, we keep meetings to an absolute minimum to maximize development time.
• We play to each team member's strengths. Whether you skew frontend or backend, you'll primarily be using the skills you're best at and enjoy the most, but be expected to jump in anywhere as needed.
• We keep to a 40-hour work week and respect your time away from the office.
• 6+ years of front-end web development
• 2+ years production experience with ReactJS.
• Strong computer science problem-solving ability. You must know how to write your own algorithms and go beyond the framework built-ins.
• A passion for giving users a polished, highly usable experience.
• Experience with high volume, publicly-facing production site.
• A desire to mentor mid-level team members.
• An eye for good UI/UX. You will be working with a dedicated designer so do not need a design background, but if that's within your skillset then all the better.
• Experience with mobile development is a big plus.
• Experience with AngularJS preferred.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails preferred.
What we provide:
• Unlimited vacation
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
• 401K and supplemental insurance plan benefits
• Paid gym membership and organic fruit delivery.
• Free parking, free option for secure bike storage.
• Discounted Wireless Service plans
• Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities.
• A healthy work/life balance