SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households.
The Sr. Software Engineer role at SpotX is responsible for developing, documenting and installing software solutions, providing support for existing solutions, and studying existing solutions to identify possible improvements or flaws.
This role is within the ScienceOps team, which is responsible for data science and model-based analytics applications. The role will work closely with data scientists and data engineers to develop systems that create capabilities from Machine Learning models and algorithms. Work with front end engineers to develop APIs that process and expose data for visualization.
- Write code
- Document code
- Test code
- Provide release and fix support
- Upholds team expectations as set by the Manager
- Listens to Tech Lead regarding code implementation guidelines
- Provides daily updates of work in-progress
- Works with Manager to create a Team first group
- Works closely with Tech Lead to develop high quality products
- Alignment with other Software Engineers on the Team
- Provides mentorship to other Software Engineers
- Assists with solution / task design
- Primarily autonomous: capable of being given tasks without excessive detail but still able to figure out what to do an then do it
- Performs other related duties as required by management
Master's Degree (MA) or equivalent, or four to ten years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requirements and Experience:
- Possess strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze raw data
- Experience in Python and libraries such as PySpark or SymPy
- Experience in MySQL
- Experience with API architecture and development
- Scala or Java experience is a plus
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Mac development environment
Travel Time: 25% or less
Physical Demands: Ability to uphold stress of traveling, required to sit or stand at a desk for 8 hours
- This position is based in Broomfield, CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, parental leave and annual technical education stipend
- The base compensation range for this role: $XXX,000 - $XXX,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 9 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. The company’s solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX’s trusted, privacy-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, LG, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Samsung, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann’s RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.