Sr. Software Engineer Front End at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This Software Engineer will be working within the OnTech IT Development team. This position is for Dish Network corporate office at Meridian in Denver Metro Area, CO. You will be working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment spanning the OnTech IT dev Team and broader Dish organizations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and create code within a test driven-development programming environment.
- Work in fast paced, collaborative team environment using agile methodology principles.
- Work with other teams (outside and across the company) to understand requirements, understand expectations and present solutions.
- Review developer code and project delivery to maintain and improve quality control and adherence to standards.
- Collaborate, contribute and review backend API standards with our backend teams.
- Work with other technical leads on platform technical design and architecture.
- Perform root cause analysis of production issues and implement recommendations.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
A successful Sr. Engineer-Software will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs, database, and caching techniques.
- Experience working with Shell scripting(bash, sh, zsh) , experience on Unix/Linux/Mac OS.
- Good understanding of devOps principles and familiarity to tools like Gitlab, Rally/Jira, Jenkins.
- Candidate should have strong communication skills & should be able to work without supervision.
- Experience working with modern front-end technology, CMS, mobile apps, e-commerce platforms and toolsets such as React, React Native, responsive frameworks, and single page applications.
- Strong passion for producing elegant, maintainable, and reusable code.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all departments in the organization from technical staff to executive stakeholders.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and managing multiple dependencies and projects.
- Optimized web server configurations and have experience scaling web applications for millions of users.
- Enjoy participating in product development discovery and high level estimates and sizing.
You will stand out if you have:
- Magento certification is a bonus.
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- Experience with full stack technologies such as NodeJs and AngularJS.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS.
- Shopify platform experience.
- Kafka , Ruby, Unix/Linux, AWS, Jenkins.
Compensation: $106,250.00/Year - $125,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.