Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
FreshTracks.io, a new startup within the CA Accelerator, is seeking a motivated engineer with a passion for using data to gain insights into real world systems performance and behavior. This role will be part of a highly collaborative team that is foundational to the technical decisions and architectures for the company. We think radically transforming the way software is built, delivered and monitored is pretty exciting stuff, and we’re looking for developers who want to join the fun.
We are focused on collecting millions of metrics per second from infrastructure, ephemeral containers and applications. FreshTracks correlates metrics and anomalies between them to provide seamless observability for Operations Engineers and Developers throughout the software lifecycle. We are making monitoring a first-class citizen throughout the DevOps lifecycle.
The CA Accelerator is following the Lean Startup process. We’ve still got some problems and solutions to validate. We’re going to need your help to prototype, experiment and validate. If we are doing it right there are still several paths forward.
What you will be doing:
- Deploying new technologies to production environments in EC2, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Initially prototyping, validating and proving a valuable solution
- Later, developing interfaces for developers to access and understand system data quickly and effectively
- Analyzing system performance to uncover important use cases, overall product dynamics, product usage, and potential improvements
At the end of the day, the main things we’re searching for are talent and passion. However, experience in certain areas could help you hit the ground running, so here’s our attempt at narrowing things down a bit:
We’ll upvote if you also:
Know React (or similar JS frameworks), Git (or other distributed SCM). Prometheus, InfluxDB or some other modern, tagged metrics tool. Kubernetes, Mesos or Docker Swarm. Agile methodologies and have experience with a streaming data system like Storm or Kafka Streams.
Ideal candidates will have experience in the following:
- More than one monitoring/metrics tool, either opensource or commercial
- You have produced working software with tests
- You’ve built and operated an ETL
- You love data visualizations and explaining them to the curious
- You're passionate about data and will go to great lengths to obtain it
- You are comfortable at the Unix command line and have experience writing shell scripts
- You have talent and enthusiasm for creating usable, scalable, well-tested software
- You want to work in a highly collaborative, pair programming, agile-all-the-time environment
- You love learning new technologies, languages, tools, and frameworks
More specifically, you can answer ‘true’ to many of the following statements:
- You see software development as a team sport, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile, pair-programming kind of culture where you’re always learning and teaching
- You have built and used RESTful APIs
- You have coded and deployed scalable services
- You have strong knowledge and experience working with JVMs
- You write automated tests at all levels of the testing pyramid
- You build tooling to automate repetitive tasks
- You understand databases in both relational and NoSQL flavors
Here are some great reasons to be an Engineer at FreshTracks:
- Influence - We are a small team. You are empowered to help us succeed
- Location: Boulder, Colorado - 300+ days of sun, mountains, skiing, and biking
- Pace - Sustainable
- Career - Support for attending conferences, writing books, blogging and speaking
- Camaraderie - We have an awesome team
- Collaboration - Our team works closely together in an agile Scrum style, enabling us to learn from everyone's experience rather than getting trapped in silos
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.