Sr. Software Engineer, Exchange
Through our publishers, Sovrn reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 10 billion HTTP requests daily. These requests must be processed in low milliseconds and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on Sovrn’s Exchange Team you will work with a small autonomous team in an agile environment. You will deliver functionality which will help our customers monetize their advertising real estate. We exist in open market conditions so time to market and value add are key differentiators. The fast paced and complex industry coupled with tight code SLAs require our applications to push the boundaries of performance and scalability. You will play a key role in defining and implementing our next generation stack which is key to our success.
- 7+ years experience designing and implementing projects in a highly scalable and performant environment using Java, C++ or another backend language
- A solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and system design
- Knowledge of web and internet fundamentals
- Excel in a fast paced agile development environment
- Source control (GitHub, SVN, etc.)
- Build and deployment tools (Maven, grunt, etc)
- Development experience on Linux/POSIX type OS platforms
- Proficient storing into relational databases like MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with full SDLC and Agile methodologies / SCRUM
- Articulate; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advertising industry experience
- Experience with Spring Frameworks such as Spring Boot
Our Tech Stack
- Ad Servers powered by Java/Spring, Jetty, MySQL, Aerospike
- Lambda based data pipeline leveraging Kafka, Apache Storm, MapR
Position Reports to: Manager, Engineering
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!