Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test at Sovrn
Sovrn Platform Sr SDET JOB DESCRIPTION
About the Team
As a member of the Sovrn Platform team, you will enable the testing of the UI platform that our customers use daily for reporting, payments, analytics and so much more. There are several teams that contribute to the platform that will need to have tools and guidance on how to verify their services. This is an amazing opportunity to be the one that enables and holds the engineers to high-quality standards. This cloud-enabled application auto-scales when the load increases or decreases. The engineers are very scrappy and like to get new features deployed so that our customers have the best experience possible. The culture of quality that we have established and continue to evolve is one that everyone is responsible for our customer’s experience and we are always striving for excellence.
About the Job
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Help the engineering teams own the quality of Sovrn's products, from upfront product design to deployment and measurement while leveraging cloud technologies.
- Work in and improve our automated testing frameworks and internal tooling.
- Create testing strategies that demonstrate a contextual understanding of Sovrn's products and their value to our publishers.
- Advocate for best practices in testability, code health, infrastructure, monitoring, and performance.
- Educate the engineering teams that will add to the Sovrn Platform to be able to ensure the highest level of quality and performance.
- Maintain the infrastructure that the tests will be using.
You are driven for success and are constantly asking what does this do. You are extremely detail-oriented and learn from your mistakes. You embrace the spirit of collaboration and frequently find yourself working with others, asking questions, or helping find solutions to a complex problem. You also have the thought process of, “If I have to do this more than once I’m going to automate it!”.
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to develop in a system that is already established and find areas of improvement.
- Able to make their mark on bettering the quality of the Sovrn Platform by defining new ways of testing within a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic about developing tooling and tests that proactively address ambiguous and non-deterministic problems.
- Able to interact with multiple teams across the organization and build ways to ensure that our high-quality standards are being met since there are going to be multiple integration points.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and predict challenges related to UI design and API calls.
- Prepared to express their expertise on software quality best practices and tools to foster the ownership of quality to the engineers.
- Able to articulate technical problems and solutions to fellow engineers and business stakeholders.
- Experience with AWS and Datadog
This position reports to: QA Manager
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!