Join SpotX (now part of Magnite) as a Senior C++ Software Developer in Denver / Broomfield, CO.
We’re Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI), the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform. Publishers use our technology to monetize their content across all screens and formats including CTV, online video, display, and audio. The world's leading agencies and brands trust our platform to access brand-safe, high-quality ad inventory and execute billions of advertising transactions each month. In April 2021, Magnite acquired SpotX to further enhance our CTV business and better help our clients in this rapidly growing market. Anchored in sunny Los Angeles, bustling New York City, mile high Denver, historic London, and down under in Sydney, Magnite has offices across North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC.
The Senior C++ Software Developer role at Magnite is responsible for building innovative digital ad technology by collaborating with other talented engineers in agile teams of 4-5 developers to evolve new and legacy systems into the next generation of ad tech.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building innovative digital ad technology that empowers customers and drives a free and open internet
- Solving “impossible” problems through experimentation and iteration, applying ideas to systems at scale.
- Standing on the shoulders of giants. Collaborating with other talented engineers in agile teams of 4-5 developers to evolve new and legacy systems into the next generation of ad tech.
- Driving performance and efficiency. Our software must handle billions of transactions per day, so every byte, every computation counts.
- Getting your hands dirty with a variety of technologies. From PHP, MySQL, and Java to C++, Python, Cassandra, and Kafka, we believe in the right tool for the job.
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience with Modern C++ 17 / 14 / 11
- A craftsman excited to build highly performant software using the full feature set of modern C++
- A desire to stay on top of the latest trends in technology, such as reading the most recent version of the C++20 spec or prototyping a cutting-edge NoSQL platform
- A passion for identifying and eliminating tech debt
- Automated Testing, Continuous integration, and Continuous Deployment using systems such as Jenkins
- Linux virtualization or containerization such as Docker
- Git version-control system and code review tools such Gerrit or Review Board
- Build systems such as Make/CMake
- Linux C/C++ compilers such as g++, gcc, or Clang
- Cassandra, ScyllaDB, or equivalent NoSQL technologies
- Network programming (TCP/IP, HTTP/S)
- GitHub- we like developers who like developing!
- Agile development including either Scrum or Kanban
- Large-scale, transnational environments (including high volume, fault tolerant, and scalable systems)
- Networking/API/microservice design with an emphasis on low latency systems
- Distributed/parallel processing
- The base compensation range for this role, depending on location and level I, II or III: $90,000 and $130,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation and equity (NASDAQ: MGNI).
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Perks/Benefits: Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pension and Retirement Savings Plan in Several Countries, Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for You and Your Family, Generous Time Off, Holiday Breaks and Summer Fridays, Family-Focused Leave Benefits, and Cell Phone Subsidy
- Invest in You: Performance Management, and Investment in Diversity Initiatives, Bonusly Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program, Turning Recognition into Tangible Perks and Magnite Swag, Community Service Events, Wellness Coach—Meditate and Recharge with an Unlimited User Account for You and a Plus One
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
We See the Big Picture
We Raise the Bar
We Empower Others
We Own the Results