Sr Software Developer
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Sr Software Developer will focus on microservices architecture, customer-facing APIs architecture, security design in Cloudflare and Private Spaces or related applications, support in migration of structure to Cloudflare and Private Spaces or related applications.
- Microservices Architecture
- Customer facing APIs architecture
- Security design
- Algorithms, data structures, data modeling, and distributed systems
- Software development methodologies including overall roles, processes, stages, and value proposition of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Git workflow including general code management, branching, committing and merging
- Several technologies or programming languages
- Several functional business processes that an IT system supports
- Design patterns and context in which they can be appropriately used to maximize value
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, technical trade school, or equivalent experience in a programming or analytical discipline.
- 5-7 years of experience may indicate readiness, but must demonstrate preceding role proficiency and a high degree of competency in the following areas.
- The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail, and possess a passion for delivering a high quality product for stakeholders. Adaptability, good communication skills and a company and team first approach are required to be successful in our evolving and highly collaborative environment. The candidate should be a problem solver, with an eye to the bigger picture and an awareness to make decisions with the best interest of Zayo in mind, ultimately taking ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes.
- We strive to make our systems and processes better. To that end, we expect an awareness to identify and address issues before they become problems. We expect curiosity, a passion for continued and self-directed learning, as well as good reading and comprehension skills.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Evaluate new technologies and off-the-shelf, available components, performing cost–benefit analysis to determine suitability in the overall system.
- Allocate all system requirements into discrete domains such that a minimum of communications and code coupling is needed among domains, and between the user and the system.
- Ensuring that all architectural products are up-to-date and never allowed to become obsolete.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle as a technical leader, end to end, including planning, analysis and design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Lead others technically through collaboration, pair programming, and mentorship and be one whom others look to for guidance.
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve complex issues in a timely manner.
- Take full accountability of all code within the domain, write reusable and sustainable code and practice test-driven development and defensive programming to create a more stable deliverable.
- Design, develop, standardize, communicate, and enforce coding patterns while applying continuous improvement and regular re-evaluation of current patterns.
- Propose and deliver the most optimal solution after critically evaluating current and new alternate options based analysis of solution options in maximizing performance, scalability, maintainability, and extensibility.
- Technically lead code and design discussions within a given domain.
- Maintain technical ownership of a domain, including technical decision making, technology evaluation, code, and process governance, while seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Lead technical aspects of projects, including providing technical direction to other developers, identify gaps in requirements, effectively communicate gaps, and meet project goals and deadlines.
- Venture into new technical territory and support projects that require new skills or exploration of new technologies.
- Broad range of experience with different roles, technologies, and situations
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave