Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (NoSQL focus) at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You have a sustained track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large and impactful infrastructure projects. You think beyond just the task at hand to deeply understand the 'why' behind what you are doing.
- You can code. At our scale we are not interested in “boutique” manual management of servers and software. You code with languages such as C#, Python, Go, Powershell, or Ruby. When a problem needs a software solution, you roll up your sleeves and get to work.
- You design for scale. You manage cattle, not pets. In other words, you understand that the only way to scale is to avoid special snowflakes of systems and applications. You design systems to auto-scale and auto-heal. Via automation, you relentlessly strive to eliminate manual toil.
- You are a broadly skilled engineer with an interest in service reliability, automation, monitoring, and/or capacity planning. But you have the breadth of knowledge necessary to support a wide variety of software and systems.
- You understand modern architectures. You know why Docker and containers are more than just buzzwords, but you are cautious against overcomplexity and overengineering. You are able to use traditional configuration management such as Chef, Ansible, or Terraform as well as modern infrastructure schedulers like Kubernetes and Mesos. You enjoy working with the latest monitoring and metrics platforms such as Prometheus. You are well-versed in NoSQL database environments.
- You are comfortable working on physical gear or in the cloud. Our hybrid environment requires objective knowledge of infrastructure, equally comfortable with traditional, physical servers as well as the software abstractions present in cloud platforms such as AWS.
- You work with confidence and without ego. Our engineers have deep knowledge and exercise a high degree of leadership in their daily work. You have strongly-held, defensible ideas, and advocate for what you believe is right. You are also adept at identifying and evaluating trade-offs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to walk through fire to support your fellow teammates. You often have strong opinions but weakly held.
- You value, seek out, and foster diversity. We are a global team from many diverse backgrounds, with different experiences and perspectives. To complement this team, you will welcome ideas that are different from your own and be skilled at finding and building from common ground.
- You are a creative thinker, not bound by "the way things have always been done". What you know is less important than how well you learn and innovate. We don't need engineers who know all the answers; we need engineers who can invent the answers no one has thought of yet, to the questions yet to be asked.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT:
What and how you can contribute is what’s important to us. Our consideration is not limited by the kind of education you have or the specific technologies you have experience with. Variety of technical challenge is one of the best things about working at The Trade Desk as an engineer, but we do not expect you to know every technology we use when you start. What we care about is that you can learn quickly and solve complex problems using the best tools for the job.
Our culture runs much deeper than just having fun together (though, we do that well too...) – the people we want on our team are trust-builders, generous givers, scrappy problem solvers, and gritty pursuers of excellence.
Does this sound like you? If so, we welcome your application and the chance to meet you.
Our Compensation and Benefits (for Colorado residents only)• Base Compensation Range: $84,550 - $207,585
In accordance with Colorado law, the range provided is The Trade Desk’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. The Trade Desk also offers a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.