What You'll Be Doing
- Lead the use of AWS services, environments, and apply best practices.
- Lead AWS platform engineering roadmap; integrating voice of customer from stakeholders, product owners, and partners
- Be part of a leadership team that advances our organization CI/CD practices, infrastructure as code, continually seeking improvements, new technology advantages, and efficiencies
- Contributing to the development of best practices for Infrastructure as Code, software build tools, and Continuous Integration
- Configuration Management and automated monitoring of all infrastructure
- Maintaining our open-source software infrastructure components, including application and database servers
- Remaining mindful of security and access control within all environments
- Watching for trouble spots and creating mitigation strategies
- Brainstorming with your team to continually support scalable architecture
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- At least 6 years of experience working in a modern engineering services team where you’ve built and extended an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Experience supporting a big data environment including Elasticsearch, Kafka, Elastic MapReduce/Hadoop
- An expert level of exposure to Amazon Cloud Services – stuff like EC2, S3, RDS, ECS, VPC, SNS, SQS, Route53, ECS
- Sound experience with modern tools like Git, Github, Jenkins, Ansible/Puppet, Linux, Docker, Redis, Memcache, CloudFormation/Terraform, Nginx, PostgreSQL
- Comfortable with monitoring tools like Sumologic, Wavefront, Monit & Cloudwatch
- Expert software development skills and experience, ideally Python, Go, Bash
- Ability to design and develop APIs (REST or GraphQL), and CLI tools
- Broad Experience and strong knowledge in open source
- Expert Linux admin skills to be able to lead others in doing and do for yourself:
- Demonstrable experience and expertise in multi-tiered, distributed systems.
- Deep understanding and experience with CloudFormation
- Good experience with Git, including Github and BitBucket
Expert AWS Leadership & Technical Skills
- Expert-level experience and knowledge across a breadth of AWS services, with technical leadership experience in the core AWS services.
- An expert level of experience in Amazon Cloud Services, such as EC2, S3, RDS, ECS, VPC, SNS, SQS, Route53, ECS
- Deep experience with AWS cost-optimizations with demonstrable successes, including effective sizing of resources, smart utilization of reserve and spot instances.
- Leadership experience in AWS account structures and service utilization across accounts & environments.
Great Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to self-managed, prioritize work across the team, and with the ability to lead entire initiatives
- You can mentor other engineers in their development, including through pairing, code reviews, and knowledge sharing.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity; demonstrating an ability to take a nebulous project, talk to the right people, define it, split it up into tasks, distribute work across team members, and ultimately get it done quickly and efficiently
- You can proactively reach out to stakeholders, other teams, collect and clarify requirements
- You can whiteboard and architect solutions and explain technical details to non-technical stakeholders
- A one-team attitude and a willingness to work across several, diverse teams
- Driven to help others - a passion that is evident in your character
- Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
- Plenty of time off to keep you balanced
- Medical with HSA contribution
- A dynamic, talented team, dedicated to changing the world and building an incredible business
- Remote Flexibility
- Headquartered in downtown Boulder on Pearl Street, steps from coffee shops and blocks from hiking trails