Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Sr. Quality Engineer position will report to the Director of Quality and support all quality functions with a focus on problem resolution and process development. The Sr. Quality Engineer position is key to Outrider achieving its goal of ISO 9001 certification and alignment to the ASPICE process model for software development. This position requires a solid quality background, ability to mentor colleagues on quality principles, attention to detail, and ability to function in unstructured environments.
Duties & Key Objectives
- Contribute generally to the growth and success of the Company and the building of a vibrant culture focused on the responsible deployment of zero-emission autonomous vehicle technology
- Ensures that products meet the organizations and customers quality and product integrity requirements.
- Supports the product development and operations team by providing analysis and expertise throughout the development and production processes.
- Participate in new product development activities including component design reviews, FMEA and control plan development.
- Design / Lead quality architecture (control plan / FMEA) for the assembly operations.
- Author, review and/or approval responsibilities for plans, protocols and reports for system, hardware and software testing.
- Analyzes data to identify trends in product quality or defects with a goal of mitigating and preventing recurrence and future defects.
- Facilitates root cause analysis using lean / six sigma tools.
- Track and review corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with teams to identify and implement process improvements.
- Provide corporate-wide training on Outrider’s QMS and other quality principles.
- Perform internal audits and gap analysis to applicable standards, tracking non-conformances to closure.
- While this is an accurate reflection of the position, Outrider reserves the right to require additional/different tasks to be performed as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline
- At least five years of related experience
- Internal auditor experience for ISO 9001 or equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of ISO standards
- Working knowledge of SPICE / ASPICE process models
- Extensive knowledge of production processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Google Suite or related software
- Masters degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Past participation of successful launch and certification of ISO 9001
- Auditor certification for ISO or ASPICE or similar
- Experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Supervisory experience a plus
Comp & Benefits
- Salary range of $XX,000 - $XXX,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.