Sr QA Engineer, New Venture at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Replace Contractor (Insourcing)
Travel Percentage :
About the Innovation & Incubation Team at FIS – Impact Labs
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications.
The innovation & incubation team has finished incubating a product aimed to help merchants reduce e-commerce consumer drop-offs and is looking to hire an all-star team that can scale the business under the innovation organization.
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. You will be able to scale a first in class product leveraging FIS assets and capabilities and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
- Design and test software for functionality, scalability, and reliability
- Work with development, testing and production teams to develop, publish and implement software quality assurance plans.
- Establishes service quality control standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain the level of reliability required from a high-volume, high-availability platform
- Work on a core project team alongside software engineers to ensure that quality is built in from the start
- Makes recommendations and directs improvements to the software development lifecycle process
- Collaboration with scrum team
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to IT teams on quality assurance methodologies and processes and educates them on their
- Utilize iterative Agile software development lifecycle
- Contribute to feature requirements using user stories and test cases
- Designs, monitors and analyzes performance metrics program for quality improvement initiatives
- Craft and execute automated regression tests for SaaS platform and UI based features
- Support deployment of new features into production with zero platform downtime and no impact to end customers
- Other related duties assigned as needed
- "Team focus" with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp high level business goals, digest requirements, and create effective testing strategies
- Experience working with RESTful API (GraphQL a plus)
- Experience with basic SQL, JSON, and XML required
- Experience with automated testing methodologies for SaaS platforms and data driven systems required
- Experience with automated UI regression testing tools, Selenium experience is a plus
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing business needs
- Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
- You're self-motivated with a can-do attitude; others would describe you as dedicated, energetic, curious, conscientious, humble, and flexible
- Agile Development experience a plus; a willingness to try is a requirement
- Postman experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Excellent training/presentation skills to educate the organization on new or updated processes
- Mentor and lead other QA engineering team members
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$91,200 - 153,210
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.