Sr. QA Automation Analyst
We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced Senior QA Automation Analyst to join our ECS Global Intelligent Automation (IA) team. This role will leverage their techno-functional knowledge and skills to help ‘Test Automation COE’ design the testing automation framework & architecture, oversee the execution of the strategy and implementation of scalable IT QA automation solutions across Arrow’s technical landscape.
The individual in this role will be responsible for defining and promoting an automation testing mindset across IT and includes responsibilities such as planning, developing, and directing quality assurance automation testing policies, programs, and initiatives. Evaluates and monitors automated testing tools, methodologies, and to ensure effective testing and identification of defects.
Additionally, this individual will act as a relationship manager across senior IT leadership and other IT development teams to facilitate discussions and help prioritize the automation testing project queue, coordinate across all business groups and deliver projects and initiatives within the automation COE roadmap. This includes working with the business and technology areas to understand and drive requirements for IT delivery in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will become part of the ECS Global Intelligence Automation team reporting into the Director of Global ECS BI & Automation.
What You'll Be Doing
- Partner with cross-functional ‘Test automation COE’ IT leaders to generate ideas/opportunities to drive the strategic roadmap for the IT QA Automation function to ensure the highest standards of performance are consistently delivered by IT teams.
- Lead definition of Testing Automation framework and implementation of IT testing automation standards, methodologies, and processes to be executed across technology releases. Drive implementation and continuous refinement of automation testing processes, environments, models, and tools to move towards continuous delivery (CI/CD) approach.
- Develop strategy, build a business case, obtain executive approval for, and lead the execution of Strategic Automation Roadmap and Performance testing framework for the IT Quality Assurance function.
- Lead design sessions with product owners/stakeholders across the organization to deliver innovative solutions through research, leadership, and mentoring.
- Provides effective organizational leadership and collaboration as a part of the COE leadership Group. Maintains effective relationships with IT Management and Business leadership as well as external sourcing vendors to ensure that all IT processes are maintained and enhanced in support of the mission and goals
- Ensuring projects meet service level expectations and are delivered on time and budget by holding contributors accountable for delivering on project milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure root cause analysis and feedback of findings to identify underlying processes and reporting issues within IT quality processes and solutions. Based on quantitative insights developed per above, lead the development of recommended remediation actions or initiatives to drive improvements in technology quality performance levels.
What We Are Looking For
- 4-year degree from an accredited college/university in Information Systems or related field or equivalent related experience
- At least 7-8 years of experience in IT development & Software quality practices including hands-on coding experience of Unit /Integration /System /Regression / Performance tests and test execution in an automation framework.
- At least 5 years of leading/managing experience in leading a large, complex I.T. environment.
- Must have experience in Production issue management and Quality Assurance disciplines, standards, processes, and workflow.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to articulate complex concepts diverse audiences – speak “non-technical” when needed
- Detail-oriented; strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities, deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and organizational agility to evaluate options and make informed and timely decisions
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building capabilities; effectively balance team building and a results-oriented approach.
- Experience with large, complex, multi-national projects and teams; working collaboratively across the business and IT stakeholders to deliver solutions through traditional and agile methods.
- Ability to define, articulate, and market Testing Automation COE vision and value statements across the stakeholder community.
- Full knowledge of the SDLC framework and Waterfall, Scrum, and Agile project methodologies.
- Well versed in the utilization of project artifacts including architecture design, requirements decomposition, and application development deliverables.
- Hands-on experience with multiple automation testing tools (like Selenium, Jenkins, QTP, Quality Center, Postman and SOAP UI), automation frameworks (Cucumber, TestNG, etc.)
- Exposure to a wide variety of business subject areas (Sales, Inventory, Marketing, Financials, Accounting/GL, etc.) – Oracle R12 ERP and supply chain experience is highly preferred
- Experience with CI/CD and Jenkins, version control tools like Bitbucket, SVN, etc.
- Java/JS, SQL proficiency with experience in constructing/deconstructing complex queries, and a good understanding of various databases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Deeply discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)