Sr. Operations Engineer - Voice at Zoom Video Communications
- Work as part of the team to Design, Configure, and Maintain a highly available SIP network
- Configure Ribbon SBCs and PSX for SIP trunking and global routing
- Monitor and analyze traffic patterns and trends to ensure capacity of SIP infrastructure - components, resources, and licensing
- Work with a variety of carriers to test and turn up SIP trunking the Zoom Phone voice infrastructure
- Understand and have knowledge of international telephony regulations and propose solutions within these regulatory requirements
- Review network design and configuration and make recommendations to improve functionality and quality
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve service issues related to VoIP telephony platforms and applications
- Follow operational process and take rotational on call work
- Knowledge of telecommunications networks and environments
- Experience in partnering with carriers around the globe and ability to work with them to achieve high quality service for Zoom Phone customers
- High level of understanding of the methods of sip trunk topology
- Advanced level understanding of SIP, RTP, RTCP, TLS, SRTP and related
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Assertive attitude to take initiative and ownership in seeking out solutions for problems to optimize performance and quality
- Analytical approach to troubleshooting and problem solving that is strong in isolation, triage and correlation
- Team and cooperative work ethic and approach
- Excellent email and verbal communications skills working with vendors and external partners
- Experience of at least 5+ years similar role(s)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- BS degree in a related field, MS preferred
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram