Sr. Network Engineer
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for understanding DWDM technologies by creating innovative solutions to address delivery services to customers. Plays a key role in building future network design and manages all products and services to deliver leading edge, state of the art solutions on time and at cost. Foster strong relationships with all internal business units. Assists in making engineering standards and product specifications more efficient. Creates targeted plans from simple customer orders to complex network designs. Assists in future network design based on the overall budgets and helps schedule the completion based on requirements etc. Works closely with the Operations and Field Services to provide input in timely completion of projects.
- Assist in the development of a capital budget; provide budgetary details related to customer forecast and network upgrades. Manage capital associated with projects according to plan, develop reports, and provide weekly updates.
- Engineer and design solutions, which can include public and private telecommunications networks.
- Specify, evaluate, and recommend the procurement of telecommunications hardware/software products and services. Evaluations include technical and detailed economic analysis.
- Project manage network installation projects consisting of telecommunications equipment, systems, and services; develop operating procedures; train operating personnel; and provide on-going technical support.
- Manage network capacity and utilization based on engineering and technical guidelines established by engineering requirements of the network.
- Interface between the sales and Zayo customer service to manage the order process with quality service.
- Record and track all aspects of customer circuit in conjunction with the customer order to meet requested service dates.
- Develop and recommend strategies to address specific telecommunications, connectivity and related customer service needs.
- Provide tier III technical support to customers and other work groups. As the system expert, has a broad knowledge of all aspects of the assigned systems, including its design basis, vendor equipment, operating characteristics, and required maintenance.
- Assist in standardization for configuring customer and network equipment. Provision new circuits, routers, and other network equipment as required providing customer service.
- MA or MS degree highly desirable, or equivalent telecommunications experience.
- 4+ years’ applicable experience.
- Knowledge of telecommunications network circuit design and/or fiber optic networks or other comparable networks.
- Significant knowledge and experience of various telecom products (example: Infinera, Ciena, Cisco, Fujitsu, ALU, Nokia) as well as design alternatives.
- Thorough understanding of the fiber optic network and associated electronics.
- Demonstrated communications and negotiations skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide technical direction to technical and non-technical personnel.
- PC skills required to perform daily work activities.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and ability to be an integral member of a team.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave