Sr Manager, Software Engineering (Connected Devices)
The Home + Entertainment division of T-Mobile is the next phase in the Un-carrier mobile video strategy. T-Mobile acquired TV technology innovator Layer3 TV which is a next generation provider spearheading a new era of home media, combining the best of television, social, and digital life. Together we will be launching a disruptive new TV service and we are doing to TV what we did to wireless: changing it for good! We offer excellent technology, team, location, competitive comp, bonus, stocks and perks!
You will lead a team of world class engineers to develop applications on connected devices, AppleTV, FireTV and others. In this role you will be instrumental in changing how we think of TV. If you have a strong passion for working across different platforms, continuous improvement, mentoring others and helping developers reach their full potential then you are likely a good fit for this role.
- Lead remote and collocated developers for our connected devices and connected TVs
- Collaborate daily with product managers, scrum masters, and software designers, architects and developers
- Write dynamic applications using test-driven development techniques
- Design application solutions to complex problems
- Advise connective devices team on best practices
- Partner with contracting companies to ensure that our code quality standards and cultural expectations are met
- Collaborate daily with product managers, scrum masters, and UX designers
- Write dynamic connected tv applications using test-driven development techniques
- Design application solutions to complex problems
- Advise engineers on implementation best practices
- Designing connected device solutions to complex problems leveraging micro-service architecture and common design patterns
- Establishing coding best practices and mentoring the team to meets expectations, including coding standards, peer code reviews and writing unit tests
- Developing and update support documentation
- Translate business and functional requirements into technical tasks and user stories
- Providing on-call and after-hours support as needed
- Build relationships: Seeks out strategic relationships that will increase team output, process accuracy, improve time to market and customer experience. Establishes and contributes to beneficial shared goals cross-functional teams. Leverages the capabilities, insights, and ideas of others. Demonstrates trust.
- Demonstrates integrity. Delivers feedback and develops team members. Inspires employees to achieve business results. Uses leadership experiences to guide direct reports and team members. Creates a culture of recognition and elevates team visibility.
- Measures deliverables to determine success of goals, gain input from stakeholders, and modify action plan
- Creates urgency by setting high standards for self and others to meet goals. Demonstrates a customer first attitude by keeping commitments and holding employees accountable. Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities to team members to enable successful operations
Must have the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Hands on and management experience with connected devices and connected TVs
- Led remote and collocated developers
- One or more technical experience of the following: AppleTV, FireTV or Connected TV
- Partnering with third party contract companies to ensure that our code quality standards and cultural expectations are met
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, across different project deliverables
- Experience working within agile methodologies.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with video streaming technologies like HLS
- HTML / CSS
- Up-to-date with the latest Web technologies
- Knowledge of XCode and/or Android performance tools and optimization techniques
- 5+ years of software management experience
- 7+ years of professional related experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or related experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.