Sr Manager, Software Development
Please review the job details below.
The Senior Backend Developer is a key member of the GBDX Notebook team. This role requires a range of technical engineering skills that exist at the intersection of geospatial analysis and computer science. We are looking for a candidate with proven capabilities in geospatial data analysis/management and Python development. This role will interact closely with senior members of the GBDX Notebooks team to help create a platform that makes working with training data and machine learning for the analysis of satellite imagery more facile and effective. This career position requires continuous development of technical skills to stay abreast with advances in geospatial data analysis technologies and methodologies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the technical capabilities of the GBDX Platform.
- Help develop and maintain the GBDX Notebook backend infrastructure.
- Evolve GBDX Notebooks to integrate a training data service and fully support machine learning workflows.
- Help develop technologies to organize and effectively serve large geospatial data products for customer consumption.
- Perform spatial analysis using DigitalGlobe technology and open source geospatial technologies
- Build spatial tools and services and then integrate into existing workflows and/or a standing codebase (gbdxtools) to be used by the DigitalGlobe developer community.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Earth Science, Geography, or related areas
- Minimum of 2 years relevant and demonstrated experience within the Geospatial industry
- Minimum of 2 year relevant and demonstrated experience with Python development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geospatial analysis techniques, and the principles of geographic information science with prior experience performing spatial analysis in code.
- Experience using Python in data management, data analysis, and visualization
- Ability to learn and master new skills quickly and independently
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Detail-oriented, excellent teamwork skills, willingness to learn, strong problem-solving skills, and adaptability to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Experience with spatial database technologies including Postgres and PostGIS.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Docker
- Interest in Jupyter Notebooks, data science and machine learning
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.