Sr. Integrations Consultant (Java/.Net/C++) at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works individually or within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements.
• Serves as liaison between end-users and consultants during consulting projects.
• Expertly researches and documents client needs, technology or regulations related to system design, enhancement and acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple platforms and/or applications.
• Defines product scope, objectives and requirements. Defines specifications and data models for product development and testing.
• Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc. Also analyzes system impacts to other systems and procedures.
• Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
• Assesses available technologies and recommends solutions to consulting team.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and application integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
• Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Consults directly with clients and may travel to client site.
• Acts as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects leading sub-plans or small projects. May mentor, guide, advise and/or check work of less experienced business systems analysts and technology business consultants.
• May play a key role in training client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or procedures. Training may be delivered one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting depending on number in audience and client preference.
• May serve as pre-sales support specialist when needed.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• In-depth knowledge of FIS products and services and financial services industry
• Advanced knowledge of multiple end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in objective-oriented development or other relevant technology
• Knowledge of application architecture
• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
• Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
• Proficiency in at least one appropriate application programming language
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors junior business systems analysts and/or technology business consultants. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires three or more years of demonstrated business systems analysis/consulting experience at a senior level or higher, demonstrated expert-level technical capabilities, and at least one project as the technology consulting lead on a “large” project, i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spanning more than 4 months.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.