Sr. Fullstack Developer
At Envysion we help companies deliver on their brand promise. Successful brands know their formula: the experience they want their customers to have, the processes they want their employees to follow, and the economics they expect to achieve. Envysion gives them the ability to understand whether they are delivering on this formula. We provide what they need to test, measure, and make needed changes that impact their customers, their operations and their profitability.
Our video intelligence platform gives visibility into every store, every location, every day, from anywhere. We provide the insight into the most important events so real-time changes can be made. ENVYSION INSIGHTS brings operational, financial and employee metrics together with video and sophisticated analytics to transform them into actionable insights delivered to decision makers across the organization - no matter where they are - via intuitive, easy-to-use dashboards, business intelligence reports and video, all via the cloud.
You will work on a small, agile team developing highly scalable, cloud-based applications that allow our customers to leverage our video and data platform. Envysion makes extensive use of AWS and HTML5 Video.
Our engineers are actively delivering high-quality code, while continuously improving the development practice, product, and team. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and we are able to admit when there’s a better way to do something.
If this sounds like the right role for you, we’d love to hear from you!
Responsibilities and challenges you can expect in this role:
- Actively participate in a fluid and collaborative environment with the ability to influence and change the direction of the product.
- Deliver high-quality integrated features composed of REST interfaces and React based web applications.
- Support cross-functional feature teams with UI and API architecture expertise.
- Provide technical and professional leadership as a Senior Engineer.
- Participate in the end-to-end delivery of software; from design, implementation to deployment automation and maintenance.
- 5+ years experience developing commercial software applications.
- 2+ years working in a cloud-hosted environment.
- Strong Relational SQL skills with the ability to design and troubleshoot existing databases and queries.
- Ability to write high-quality functional tests that verify the soundness and performance of your code.
- Strong grasp of Agile principles and software best practices.
- Agility and comfort with changing requirements and frequent customer feedback.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with and creating elastic deployment models utilizing AWS, Docker, Consul.
- Experience with Serverless Application Development, Deployment and Monitoring.
- Experience working with web-based video, including HTTP-Live-Streaming (HLS) and MP4.
- Ability to create compelling and functional user experiences in SPA-style frameworks, with particular emphasis on React.
- Experience with JVM development in Java/Scala.
Soft skills that will help you be successful in the role
- You are a self-starter who enjoys tackling new problems and delivering innovative solutions.
- You like working closely with your team members in a fluid agile environment.
- You believe in the browser as a client application platform.
- You are energized by understanding the customer and delivering solutions.
- You understand the concepts of REST and resource-oriented architectures.
- You know the ins and outs of cross-browser client development.
- You feel a sense of pride in getting a story over the line.
- You like to jump in and feel comfortable in working on the whole stack.