Sr. Full Stack Engineer at Flowhub
At Flowhub, we're about more than technology — we're on a mission to make legal cannabis accessible to everyone. Founded in 2015, Flowhub pioneered the first Metrc API integration to help dispensaries stay compliant. Today, over 1,000 dispensaries trust Flowhub's point of sale, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile solutions to process $3B+ cannabis sales annually. We exist to make safe cannabis products accessible to every adult on planet Earth.
Flowhub creates user-friendly business management and compliance products that increase revenue in the highly regulated cannabis industry. Our Engineering department is highly creative, incredibly resourceful, and obsesses over the user experience.
As a member of the engineering team, you will work closely with our product team in an agile development process. You will design, create and maintain high-quality containerized microservices that deploy to an all-cloud Kubernetes environment.
Who will love this job:
- Pioneers looking to help forge the picks and shovels for the “Green Rush.”
- Crafters who enjoy creating rich, intuitive products that people are delighted to use.
- Winners who enjoy the pressure of having nowhere to hide -- make a meaningful impact with production-ready code from day one.
- Team players comfortable working on a small, fast-paced, tight-knit team.
- Engineers with a business sense -- understand the product and business stakeholders.
- Rock stars who take pride in their ability to support an application through its lifecycle.
- Thrillseekers who enjoy riding on a high-growth rollercoaster
- Regularly deliver high-quality, supportable, scalable apps that our customers love.
- Plan, commit and execute every sprint.
- Collaborate with the team on design, best practices, and technical solutions.
- Work with other teams to ensure easy operability with backend microservices.
- Develop new software products while maintaining an existing codebase.
- Demonstrate efficiencies and value from working in a test-focused environment.
- Bring a positive attitude to every task.
- Search for the “why?” that drives the things you do.
- Push code to production as often as quality will allow.
- Mentor others in best practices and patterns.
- 4 years+ experience building and consuming REST API’s, ideally using microservice architecture
- 3+ years experience with a modern frontend framework, preferably React
- Great understanding of modern web applications and best practice
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Great time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Practical experience supporting production code
- Comfortable in a data-driven environment
- Production issue triage and troubleshooting
- Demonstrable track record of delivering quality results. We love references!
- Strong knowledge of testing, TDD, and pair programming
- Typescript within both Node and React
- Experience in a strongly typed language such as Go, Kotlin, Java, or Rust
- Knex.js or Objection.js experience
- Koa or Express experience
- Webpack or other module packaging library experience.
- React-spring or similar animation library.
- Styled components or other CSS-in-JS library.
- React hooks, Swagger, & latest API experience.
- Advanced web debugging & optimization experience.
- Comfortable working within defined standards for automated testing, code flow, and deployment.
- Comfortable owning support of your production code in a shared-responsibility mode