Sr. Full Stack Engineer - Alteryx Machine Learning at Alteryx
About Alteryx Machine Learning
The Alteryx Machine Learning (AML) organization, Alteryx's first office presence in the Boston area, grew out of the acquisition of the MIT-spinoff Feature Labs. This rapidly growing organization combines the excitement of being part of a fast-paced, innovative startup with the resources, market penetration, and wisdom of a data analytics market leader. Our goal is to turbo-charge machine learning and data science efforts on the Alteryx platform, and to enable anyone to solve dynamic problems. We recently launched our first product in this area, Alteryx Machine Learning, to do just that. We are working on high-impact, high-visibility projects, and we're looking for collaborative and knowledge-hungry teammates who want to join us as we work to democratize machine learning.
We are building a new generation Machine Learning application/platform and need some excellent software engineers to help us. We are seeking a Senior Full Stack engineer to build end-to-end applications and tooling to enable customers and internal developers to use and scale our application.
Successful team members will be excited to collaborate on the following challenges:
- Designing and building a world class ML product that is also easy to understand for those with limited Machine Learning knowledge
- Building a scalable and distributed compute engine
- Enabling knowledge workers to dynamically process growing and complex datasets
- Versioning, deploying, and scaling machine learning models
- Ensuring our platform has enterprise level security and reliability
- Design, develop and deploy cloud applications and services all the way from the React frontend to the Scala and Python backends
- Work directly with Product and Design leaders to drive a first-class user experience for our customers.
- Own your portion of the product through all parts of the application life cycle
- Ensure the highest-level quality, we strive to give our customers the best experience possible
- Propose improvements such as architecture changes and process improvements
- Provide mentorship to junior team members
- 5+ years working in front end development, React/Redux preferred
- 3+ years working in core backend technologies, such as Python/Scala/NodeJS/etc.
- Experience in cloud based docker based deployments, ideally with Kubernetes
- Experience with database products such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with automated CI/CD platforms such as CircleCI, Gitlab, etc.
- Experience working with Product, Design, DevOps and others in a cross functional way
- D3.js/Vega experience
- Python ML experience - you have built, deployed and scaled models in production
- AKKA experience (https://akka.io/)
- Security and compliance work such as SOC2/HIPAA/GDPR/etc.
- Experience designing interfaces that meet the highest I18N and Accessibility requirements
- Open-Source contributions
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Boston is $122,100 - $207,600. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers!
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.