Sr. Front End Developer at Vertafore
Make an impact and love what you do!
As the senior front-end engineer embedded in an energetic agile team of Software and QA Engineers, your primary focus will be on developing UI components and working with multiple development teams to ensure that these components and the overall web application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Understands and mitigates the impact of technical decisions across the entire product
- Drives and manages design conversations for features considering business need
- Defines and creates artifacts/documents that are valuable to the team and external stakeholders
- Incorporate new approaches into the team as needed
- Responsible for developing new features and supporting/bug fixing existing features
- Acts as a role model and mentors other team members technically and culturally.
- Contributes to defining and enforcing procedures, standards and methodologies related to software development.
- Closely follow industry trends and the open source community
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Experience with React.js state management patterns. (Context / Redux / Flux)
- Passionate about building beautiful and seamless user interfaces
- Designed and can describe the tradeoffs between CSS, SCSS, and CSS in JS.
- Have experience testing front-end components. (react testing library, jest, enzyme)
- Have experience documenting front-end components. (Storybook.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of modern web authentication standards, such as JSON Web Tokens
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines.
- Experience with front-end build tools ( Webpack , ESLint, Babel, NPM)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (Git)
- Ensures quality of code within the team written or reviewed
- Define and adhere to quality/technical team standards
- Makes decisions across the product that help long-term maintainability, reuse, security and performance
- Able to diagnose issues and provide solutions for complex, ambiguous problems
- Can independently frame problems and perform relevant research
- Curious and avid learners
- Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
- Self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
- Driven to improve, personally and professionally
- Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
- Collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
- Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
- Prepare technical training and information sessions for other staff
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical experience
- Are very strong in both design, architecture and implementation at an enterprise level
- Experience with Agile software development
- Have an intense passion for innovating and crafting clean code and mentoring their teams
- Are in-tune with high performance and high availability design/programming
- Enjoy solving problems through the entire application stack
- Design 'perfect-fit' solutions with engineering teams and business units to drive business growth and customer delight
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time
- Located and working from an office location
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.)
- Frequent sitting and/or standing
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.