TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We encourage our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is seeking a people-centric Sr. Engineering Manager who will provide compelling people, process, and technology partnership to our Brands and Members teams. Our Brands and Members teams build the core products and experiences used by our 25M users across web, Android, iOS. They build and evolve features, enable brand-supported experiences, and build and operate the backend and data behind all of it.
As a leader, you’ll shape our engineering culture in a positive direction with transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and growth as the core.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engineering leadership of one of the two teams (to start with) in our Brands and Members area
- Day-to-day management and guidance of engineers with varied backgrounds in terms of skills and experience levels, including 1:1 coaching/mentoring, career planning & development, goal setting, and performance management.
- Ensuring projects in your areas are consistently managed and executed well.
- Implementing and optimizing a product development lifecycle including architecture, design, development and delivery.
- Driving quality practices and playbooks for your area.
- Being a strong partner and go-to person for other engineering teams
- Contributing to engineering-wide goals, priorities, and improvements.
- Consistently and systemically rallying, inspiring, and empowering your teams to do their best work ever!
What’ll set you up for success:
- Experience leading and coaching engineering teams through an evolutionary period of rapid growth and change while serving as a role model for an inclusive engineering culture
- Experience working in teams whose customers include other engineers as well as familiarity with our tech stack (Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Datadog, Ruby, Elixir, Typescript, React.js, Kotlin, Swift).
- Experience working across cross-functional teams to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organizational strategy.
- Ideally, you have experience with B2C software and environments at scale
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
• We're not just remote, we are remote-first. We've been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap Swag to keep you looking sharp
• Monthly stipend for health & wellness and much more! Click here for the deets!
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self to work. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.