Sr. DevOps Engineer at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Does being part of a top-tier DevOps team, and everything that comes with it, sound intriguing? As a team member embedded in an energetic DevOps agile team, you will help build out our continuous delivery infrastructure and processes for all of our products utilizing state of the art technologies. You will be involved in the operational and security monitoring and care of the infrastructure and software platforms.
Our DevOps teams are tightly coupled and integrated with the culture, tools, practices and patterns of the rest of our software engineering organization. They not only "keep the lights on" for our systems and networks, but also empower our other development teams with cutting edge tools and capabilities to bring Vertafore products to market as quickly as possible. All of this will be accomplished with cutting edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
We need Senior DevOps Engineers who:
- Have 7-10 years experience
- Have very good knowledge of AWS technologies e.g., CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk etc., YAML, Ansible, Docker, and GitLab CI/CD.
- Have experience working with Unix and Linux operating systems
- Understand relational and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, microservices and helm charts
- Are eager to dive in and learn, with a willingness to be coached
- Enjoy solving problems as part of a team
We love Senior DevOps Engineers who:
- Have a strong sense of ownership
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Follow industry trends and the opensource community
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code and infrastructure
- Are curious and avid learners
- Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
- Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
- Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
- Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
- Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
We really like it when they:
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
- Have degree in Computer Science or similar valuable experience
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.