Sr. DevOps Engineer
Make an impact and love what you do!
Does building out a top-tier DevOps team, and everything that comes with it, sound intriguing? As the DevOps senior software engineer/team lead embedded in an energetic DevOps agile team, you will lead the team in building out our continuous delivery infrastructure and processes for all of our products utilizing state of the art technologies. You will be hands on leading the architecture and design of the frameworks for the automated continuous deployment of application code, the operational and security monitoring and care of the infrastructure and software platforms. You and your team will serve as the liaison between the agile development teams, SaaS operations, and external cloud providers for deployment, operational efficiency, security, and business continuity.
Our DevOps teams are tightly coupled and integrated with the culture, tools, practices and patterns of the rest of our software engineering organization. They not only "keep the lights on" for our systems and networks, but also empower our other development teams with cutting edge tools and capabilities to bring Vertafore products to market as quickly as possible. All of this will be accomplished with cutting edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
If you have a passion for DevOps, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you.
We need DevOps senior software engineer/team leads that:
- Have 5-7 year's experience in mission critical Cloud operations and/or DevOps engineering
- Have experience with AWS technologies and/or developing with Distributed Systems using Ansible, Docker, Puppet, Chef or Jenkins
- Strong understanding and experience working with Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems; specifically troubleshooting and providing administration
- Have experience with operating and tuning relational and NoSQL databases
- Strong experience with Chef
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and microservices
- Have experience with performing support and administrative tasks within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, OpenStack, or other cloud infrastructure technologies
- Proficiency in managing systems within multiple sites including fail-over redundancy & autoscaling (knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service)
- Have experience deploying, maintaining and managing secure systems
- A background in software development, preferably Web applications
- Proficient in monitoring and logging tools such as ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana)
- Have experience with build & deploy tools (Jenkins)
- Have knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Enjoy solving problems through the entire application stack
- Have been on the front lines of production outages, both working to resolve the outage as well as root-cause the problem and provide long-term resolution or early identification strategies
- Are comfortable being on call
We love DevOps senior software engineer/team leads that:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with other developers, business analysts, testing specialists and product owners to create stellar software products
- Have a strong sense of ownership
- Strong diagnostic, analytical, and design skills
- Closely follow industry trends and the open source community, identifying and proactively advocating for cutting edge tools that would optimize operational performance and/or reduce operating costs
- Have experience in regulated environments
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code and infrastructure
- Are curious and avid learners
- Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
- Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
- Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
- Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
- Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
- Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
We really like it when they:
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
- Have degree in Computer Science or similar valuable experience
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.
If you're looking for challenge and opportunity, reach out to us at www.vertafore.com/careers