Sr. Developer Advocate at Nylas
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:10 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, March 29, 2022
Who we are:
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a remote-first workplace, but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
Developer Advocates are developers who love teaching, mentoring, and generally being helpful to other developers. As part of the Developer Relations team, Developer Advocates are highly technical people who grow, engage, and enable our developer community.
You are willing to go where our developer community is. You know that we can scale by having a strong online presence on our own community surfaces, as well as in external developer communities. When it is safe to do so, you’ll be willing to travel as needed to represent Nylas and directly enable developers building on our APIs.
You know how to reach out and get developers excited about trying technologies that you believe in. You are creative in communicating technical information, in terms of the message, the code, and even the medium.
You are willing to grow outside of your current technical comfort zone and learn new technologies/stacks/frameworks in order to better enable our developer community.
Importantly, you know that measurement and analysis of your tactics is important for assessing impact. You are able to hold yourself accountable to key metrics and try new tactics when current tactics are not achieving the desired results.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Developer Advocate to join a newly forming Developer Relations team and have a massive impact on the trajectory of our developer audience and community.
What You'll Do
- We’re looking for a lead Developer Advocate to champion developer marketing for Nylas’ high-growth business productivity APIs. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating digital content, demos, code samples, and other technical assets to drive strategic developer marketing initiatives.
- You will become an equal expert in all Nylas products and key marketing channels like SEO, events, and developer-centric social media.
- Help developers learn about Nylas and dive deep by creating intuitive and empathic content blog posts, videos, live streams, guides, tutorials, etc.
- Drive technical enablement through OSS sample code creation and maintenance, answering forums questions, writing how-tos about common use cases, and more.
- Create feedback loops between Nylas teams and developers by establishing systematic interaction with Product, Engineering, Support, Sales
- Drive awareness for Nylas through conferences and events content (online and IRL), with talks, CFPs, hackathon support, booth engagement, etc.
- Contribute to improvements in first-time developer experience through time-to-hello-world/time-to-proof-of-concept improvements, first-party DevTools improvements and expansion, third-party DevTools integrations and maintenance, user testing, and more
What You'll Bring
- 6+ years of combined experience with software development and producing technical content to grow and engage developer audiences. You’ve got strong verbal and written communication skills, are comfortable with public speaking, and can point us to a public track record of execution in these areas.
- Community leadership experience. E.g., meetup organizing, forum moderation, OSS maintenance, etc. + knowledge of associated metrics
- Technical writing/content creation: E.g., blog, newsletter, video, streaming, etc. + knowledge of associated metrics
- Approach to work: Prioritize ownership and execution, Embody developer empathy, Favor tactics that scale, Know and own your metrics, Strive for business impact
- Cross-functional collaboration experience: E.g., working with PMs, PMMs, Eng, sales, etc.
- Customer collaboration experience: E.g., content co-authoring, case studies, troubleshooting
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Perks and Benefits:
Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.