Sr. Cloud Engineer at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Vertafore is seeking a talented, energetic, and self-driven individual to join our Cloud Operations team. As a Sr Cloud Engineer you will provide ongoing support and enhancement to our AWS and hybrid cloud environment. This will entail creating and maintaining new configurations and ensuring high availability for our business-critical applications and ongoing support to AWS and on-prem hosted services. You will deliver solutions using cutting edge technologies and industry best practices to implement cloud platforms and service. The Sr Cloud Engineer promotes the use of automation to solve technical challenges and strives to create reliable and cost-effective solutions. The Sr Cloud Engineer must also have expert-level, demonstrated experience in designing and building cloud-native applications using wide-range of cloud services. This person mentors a team of junior Cloud Engineers and NOC personnel to troubleshoot and optimize Vertafore's hybrid cloud environments.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Build, update and maintain AWS services while applying best practices for infrastructure security
- Experience working with networking, security groups, or policy management across AWS and operating systems (Linux and Windows) and databases
- Configure and maintain Transit Gateway, Direct Connect and VPN connections between AWS accounts and on-premise data centers
- Collaborate with various internal teams to create cloud accounts and infrastructure for various applications and services and troubleshoot incidents
- Monitor, update and patch hybrid cloud instances and services
- Applies quality control and quality assurance principles
- Execution of quality program including case monitoring
- Demonstrates ability to follow sound business ethics when executing job responsibilities to build and maintain management confidence
- Learns quickly and works well with other members of the team to complete customer projects
- Serve as the escalation point for AWS, networking, Windows and Linux incidents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong AWS experience in VPC, EC2, Route53, RDS, Direct Connect, Transit Gateway, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB/ALB, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Amazon Workspaces and other key AWS services.
· Strong experience in managing and support Linux operating systems – Amazon Linux, Ubuntu, RedHat and/or Oracle Linux
· Experience working with AWS to provide highly available, secure, and reliable services that take advantage of existing AWS solutions and services
· A thorough understanding of AWS Organizations best practices related to security and governance across multiple accounts
· Experience with AWS billing, Savings Plans and Reserved Instances
· Experience with Powershell, Python, shell, cmd and batch scripts
· Experience with cloud backup and disaster recovery models and configuration
· Exceptional interpersonal and customer support experience required
· Experience migrating critical business applications from On-premise to Cloud
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong self-starting attitude
· Bachelor's Degree in CS/IT or equivalent work experience
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional or equivalent work experience
· Network Plus certification or equivalent work experience
· 4 – 5 years of experience with AWS (preferred) or other cloud provider
· 4 – 5 years of experience with Linux. Linux certified professionals preferred
· 1 – 3 years of experience with Windows
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.