The need for mental health support has never been more acute yet there are frustrations abound for individuals unable to access care. With our recent successful Series B round of funding (https://tcrn.ch/3bXyvQW), our rapidly growing team is more prepared than ever to redesign behavioral health to become more accessible, approachable and utilized. If you enjoy a challenge and being part of a mission with big aspirations, SonderMind may be the place for you!
Our growing team is comprised of experienced healthcare, technology and product professionals who work very hard and thrive in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. As a Senior Back End Software Engineer, you will be able to make immediate impact on design and implementation decisions with the team. We demand healthy debate, but ascribe to a “disagree, but commit” attitude once we make a decision. You will drive and participate in design sessions as well as constantly evaluate technologies and trends to be leveraged to optimize our platform.
- Within 3 weeks, independently deploy new code to staging
- Within 6 weeks, independently promote code from staging to production
- Within 90 days, have a full understanding of system architecture and dev-ops processes. Be well-versed enough to step in as a primary system administrator, if ever necessary
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, designing and building web applications, with at least three or more in Ruby on Rails
- Substantial experience with:
- Ruby on Rails
- Relational database experience (SQL)
- Strong data modeling experience from conceptual, logical and physical designs
- Excellent communication skills necessary to collaborate with fellow business and technical team members
- Unit Testing, RSpec, Jasmine or similar experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing in Angular 6
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience deploying applications to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our great downtown location, to unlimited coffee and healthy snacks, to a 2019 & 2020 Best Place to Work office culture, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Benefits. SonderMind provides exceptional employee benefits including covering the majority of dental, vision, and medical premiums. 401K matching for up to 4% salary deferred.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptional high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Read Full Job Description