Sr. Architect, Cyber Security at Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx is searching for a Senior Architect, Cyber Security.
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Senior Cyber Security Architect to collaboratively create and embed secure design patterns into the heart of the applications and services that make up the Alteryx suite of products. You will work with a team of enthusiastic technologists to secure our modern data analytics platform and ensure compatibility with today’s dynamic, hybrid multi-cloud environments. Your contributions to the foundation of our product line will have a lasting impact as we continue to release new innovations that bring powerful low/no code data analytics capabilities to all.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with product architects to integrate robust design patterns into all facets of the Alteryx product suite.
- Align application security capabilities with the long-term strategic vision of the Alteryx product line.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, information security standards, vulnerability analyses, and risk assessments.
- Participate in product proof-of-concept workshops and innovation research to establish robust application architectures with strong embedded security.
- Collaborate with application and infrastructure architects to design full stack security controls for diverse hybrid and multi-cloud environments to support product deployments.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards.
- Explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Participate in the training and development of associates.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences - Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Extensive knowledge of application architecture design patterns and experience implementing into commercial software with relevant security protections.
- Strong understanding of application attack techniques and common vulnerabilities, including OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25.
- Experience leading threat modeling exercises and translating results into product design decisions that mitigate identified threats.
- Deep working knowledge of secure software development practices and product life cycling.
- Comfort working with distributed applications comprised of multiple programming languages and technologies.
- Ability to make decisions that have a large impact on product security and development roadmaps.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Intermediate skill in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Ability to write and secure code in multiple programming languages preferred.
- Experience with Alteryx Designer / Server a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred and a minimum of five (7+) years’ progressive information security experience is preferred.
- Experience working as a software engineer / developer preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Security+, or other related certifications preferred.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for associates
- Health plans that cover your family and pets
- Company matched 401(k)
- Associate stock purchase plan
- Paid time off: up to 3 weeks of vacation, 9 holidays, and additional sick days, floating holidays, and volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs with up to $300 fitness allowance annually
- Collaborative offices stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers!
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation/adjustment to review our website or to apply online.