Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Identify solutions for common security problems while participating in a broader agile Application Security team
• Working on security reviews, building relationships with developers and engineers across the organization
• Executing complex projects with minimal oversight
• Responsible for promoting, designing, and evaluating application security in all phases of the application life cycle.
• Responsible for application security and influencing, building, and assisting with information security challenges within applications.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
You are either a security interested software engineer who has been building modern, microservice oriented software in agile development, or a development interested security practitioner who understands security best practices but wants to get closer to development and engineering.
• Highly technical engagement with development and systems engineers
• Understanding software, how it's designed, how it's built, and how it can be broken is critical
• Exposure to and understanding of programming languages and ability to understand code is important
• Exposure to various application security testing tools and commercial common offerings for application security testing and analysis
• Familiar with software development processes like Continuous Integration and Continuous Development release cycles, waterfall release cycles, DevSecOps cultural mindsets, and an engineering focused approach to solving common security problems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Desired framework skills we are seeking:
1. Angular JS
2.Apache Struts 1 and 2
11. Google Web Toolkit
13. JBoss Seam
16. Ruby on Rails
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.