What are we looking for?
Title: Solutions Engineer
Compensation: Market salary plus equity, commensurate with experience
Reports To: Director of Professional Services
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our Professional Services team, to support the team in maintaining and developing customer-specific integration solutions, tools, and content migrations for Professional Services and Documoto customers. This is a tactical role, working closely to interface with the rest of the Professional Services team as well as Product and Development to create compelling business solutions.
The ideal candidate has experience working closely with customers and Services or Sales teams to design, develop, and deliver custom tools, integrations, or migrations. This is a role best-suited for natural technical problem-solvers that also excel at delivering exceptional customer service.
Who are you?
You like working on different projects for different customers using a variety of technologies. You’re not a black box programmer; you find coding enjoyable, but you want more than just a heads-down programming job. When it comes to Broad versus Deep, you choose broad. Innovation and start-up culture are in your blood.
While your technical skills are top-notch, you also enjoy being close to your customers and understanding how you can help them. You are excited by the opportunity to work on several projects concurrently. Being able to develop and deliver customer-specific solutions to meet unique customer needs is what drives you. You maintain high standards for your work in terms of accuracy, completeness, and efficiency. You’re highly adaptable, able to embrace others’ ideas, and change course when necessary. You seek initiative: volunteer readily; undertake self-development activities; seek increased responsibilities; take independent actions, and calculated risks. You thrive in fast-paced environments, learn quickly, are flexible, and able to roll with changing scenarios.
What Would You Do?
You will provide technical programming services in support of Documoto’s customers’ implementation projects. You will support multiple projects simultaneously as well as building and growing the repository of technical tools used by the Professional Services team. You’ll act as the lead technical resource on customer-facing projects to ensure your team delivers effective solutions that enable Documoto customers to get the most out of our products. At times, you will work with the Documoto Support team to provide Tier III technical support to troubleshoot customer issues via web debugging, database troubleshooting, and logs for issues that Support cannot resolve on their own. You’ll interface with product engineering as needed to develop integrations, communicate issues, and ensure alignment around tools and processes. Jointly with other Services team members, you’ll support pre-sales efforts, including proofs of concept and work estimation.
Does this sound interesting and challenging? Take a look at the details below.
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of experience in technical consulting, I/T, or commercial software development
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in web application development, SOAP/REST web services and utility/script programming
- Proficient at programmatic file and data manipulations including migrations and conversions
- Proficient in HTML, shell scripting (bash, csh, etc.)
- Expert at SQL, including all common DDL/DML statements, plus stored procedures, import/export, query optimization, basic monitoring (MySQL experience preferred).
- Good understanding of XML and/or JSON
- Intermediate - Advanced knowledge of ETL – open source ETL tools
- Knowledgeable in our technical ecosystem: Windows, Linux (including all common O/S commands), Apache, Tomcat, Eclipse or a similar IDE
- Solid understanding of software development principles, methodologies (waterfall and Agile), data structures, integrations
- Knowledge of SaaS plus a general knowledge of cloud architecture
- Ability to effectively communicate, including the ability to explain highly technical concepts to non-technical team members within the organization as well as to external clients
- Must have the ability to prioritize, organize, and execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, often with little oversight
- Must be data-driven and analytical
- Strong ability to resolve conflicts constructively; a great attitude
- Preferred: Some experience in XSLT
- Preferred: DW schemas (cube and star)
- Preferred: Some experience in the manufacturing vertical, MRP, engineering, and/or e-Commerce
Documoto welcomes candidates looking to relocate to Colorado.