What are we looking for?
Title: Solutions Engineer
Reports To: CTO
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our Development team, to support the Professional Services team in maintaining and developing customer-specific integration solutions, tools and content migrations for Documoto customers. This is a tactical role, working closely to interface with the rest of the Professional Services team as well as Product and Development to create compelling business solutions.
The ideal candidate has experience working closely with customers and Services or Sales teams to design, develop and deliver custom tools, integrations or migrations. This is a role best-suited for natural technical problem-solvers that also excel at delivering exceptional customer service.
Who are we?
We are Documoto, a Denver-based software company with a vision to help equipment manufacturers, their network, and their equipment owners “Keep the World’s Machines Working”. It’s a big vision for a huge market.
Our flagship product is an industry-leading SaaS solution that helps our customers drive real innovation in their aftermarket. With Documoto, our customers can author parts catalogs and related technical content, securely distribute that content over the web to any device in a variety of languages, and find and order the rights parts and products the first time, every time. Our customers are found throughout the globe and range from small manufacturers to some of the world’s largest machinery companies and transit organizations.
Who are you?
You like working on different projects for different customers using a variety of technologies. You’re not a black box programmer; you find coding enjoyable, but you want more than just a heads-down programming job. When it comes to Broad versus Deep, you choose broad. Innovation and start-up culture are in your blood.
While your technical skills are top notch, you also enjoy being close to your customers and understanding how you can help them. You are excited by the opportunity to work on several projects concurrently. Being able to develop and deliver customer specific solutions to meet unique customer needs is what drives you. You maintain high standards for your work in terms of accuracy, completeness and efficiency. You’re highly adaptable, able to embrace others’ ideas and change course when necessary. You seek initiative: volunteer readily; undertake self-development activities; seek increased responsibilities; take independent actions and calculated risks. You thrive in fast-paced environments, learn quickly, are flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios.
What Would You Do?
You will provide technical programming services in support of Documoto’s customers’ implementation projects. You will support multiple projects simultaneously as well as building and growing the repository of technical tools used by the Professional Services team. You’ll act as the lead technical resource on customer-facing projects to ensure your team delivers effective solutions. At times, you will work with the Documoto Support team to provide Tier III technical support to troubleshoot customer issues via web debugging, database troubleshooting and logs for issues that Support cannot resolve on their own. You’ll interface with product engineering as needed to develop integrations, communicate issues, and ensure alignment around tools and processes. You will support pre-sales efforts including proofs of concept and work estimation.
Does this sound interesting and challenging? Take a look at the details below. If you believe that this describes you, please write to us at [email protected].
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of experience in technical consulting, I/T, or commercial software development
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in web application development, SOAP/REST web services and utility/script programming
- Proficient at programmatic file and data manipulations including migrations and conversions
- Proficient in HTML, PHP, shell scripting (bash, csh, etc.)
- Expert at SQL including all common DDL/DML statements, plus stored procedures, import/export, query optimization, basic monitoring (MySQL experience preferred).
- Expert in XML and XSL transformations
- Intermediate - Advanced knowledge of ETL – open source ETL tools
- Knowledgeable in our technical ecosystem: Windows, Linux (including all common O/S commands), Apache, Tomcat, Eclipse or a similar IDE
- Solid understanding of software development principles, methodologies (waterfall and Agile), data structures, integrations
- Understanding of SaaS plus a general knowledge of cloud architecture
- Ability to effectively communicate within the organization as well as to external clients
- Must have the ability to prioritize, organize, and execute in a fast paced, dynamic environment, often with little oversight
- Must be data driven and analytical
- Strong ability to resolve conflicts constructively; a great attitude
- Preferred: Some experience in XSLT
- Preferred: DW schemas (cube and star)
- Preferred: Some experience in the manufacturing vertical, MRP, engineering, and/or e-Commerce
Why join Documoto?
We’re a venture-backed early stage growth company that has recently undergone a financial and operational transformation to position us for significant growth. We provide a unique combination of a real, viable business – a proven business model and market, a passionate and talented core team, stable financials, and happy, paying customers – with the execution model, equity structure, and growth opportunities of a startup.
We’re now ready for our next chapter. We’ve learned a lot over the past several years working with the world’s leading equipment manufacturers and fleet owners. We’ve taken that knowledge and distilled it into a plan to build the most transformative and advanced aftermarket solution in the industry. With our house in order and a clear vision of where we want to go, all we need is you! We’re looking for some great people that share our passion and want to work alongside us to make it happen.
We’re in Englewood, CO, south of downtown Denver. We are steps away from light rail and bus service, in Englewood’s City Center. Excellent benefits include flexible work hours, work from home, health, medical, disability, discounted gym membership, and flexible PTO to accommodate a great work life-balance. We’re dog friendly, we have regular game lunches, monthly happy hours, and we see the occasional movie or concert together.