Solutions Engineer, SMB at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
- Communication platform. The Solutions Engineer acts as a trusted advisor to State and Local entities and plays an integral part in delivering Happiness to them.
- This individual serves as the lead advocate for customers; translating technical needs into product development recommendations, testing of customer environments and driving customer demand/features internally within Zoom. Must be able to understand and articulate Zoom's architectural advantages to our customers and support the Account Executive when it comes to proposing and designing solutions to our customers biggest collaboration challenges.
- The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a background in telephony, video and applications sales, knowledge of Zoom communication platform (Chat, Meetings, Video, Phone, Marketplace/API) and/or competitive equivalent. In depth knowledge of Microsoft and application based competition is preferred. (Microsoft, Amazon, RingCentral, 8x8, Cisco, etc)
- As a Solutions Engineer you will be:
- Designing next generation communication solutions for Zoom customers
- Conducting demo and proof of concepts for prospective Zoom customers
- Solution and architectural design and selling
- RFQ/RFP response/preparation
- Building competitive intelligence
- Working Across Multiple Boundaries
- Driving the Zoom Vision
- Skills Required
- Strong Business and Technical Acumen and executive presence
- SaaS Collaboration sales experience i.e. web conferencing, cloud voice, UCaaS
- Minimum 10 years experience in the telephony and software applications industry
- In-depth knowledge of "traditional" voice communications systems and applications
- Excellent communication and Presentation skills
- Create, present and document technical solutions
- Ability to present topics in a clear and concise manner to many levels of technical skill sets and audience sizes
- Intermediate level solution sales ability
- Experience in Public Sector Sales (SLED).
- Desired Skills
- End-to-end IT systems knowledge
- Ability to apply IT Systems knowledge to customer solution design
- Formulate and communicate a technical solution / vision
- Understand Zoom partner and ecosystem partners, products and applications
- Mentor developing team members
- Ability to work independently and show leadership qualities
- Be flexible and able to function in a high growth environment
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram