Solutions Engineer L1 at Pax8
*Note: Please disregard any compensation estimates that may be provided by linkedin or any other source. These statistics are auto-generated and not accurate*
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) L1 is a vital part of the Partner journey. He/she focuses on pre-sales product demos and post-sales onboarding/implementation with our Partners. By ensuring Partners are fully knowledgeable and comfortable with products, the SE helps reduce overall Partner churn. This role interacts with Partners regularly - five (5) to six (6) hours a day the SE is scheduled on phone calls. SE L1s are expected to have complete technical knowledge on two (2) to five (5) products, although this may be as high as eight (8) to ten (10). The Solution Engineer is expected to be the technical expert and able to support Partner needs through an unpredictable configuration process. As product experts, the Solution Engineer will create technical content in video and documentation form.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Conducting product demonstrations that articulate the technical and organizational value of a solution.
- Driving initial configuration and architecture guidance for unique customer environments.
- Assisting partners with proof-of-Concept deployments and responding to RFI/ RFRs.
- Working closely with our Sales teams to advance a sales cycle, handle objections, and function as a subject matter expert for a particular product-set.
- Producing product specific guides, videos, and technical material to be shared internally and externally.
- Presenting in-person and remote training sessions for Sales teams and our partner community.
- Occasionally accompanying the Field Marketing team as a technical resource, presenting on products, and answering any technical questions that arise in.
- Acting as the eyes and ears for vendor products by collecting feedback from partners on new features and suggestions for improvement.
- Quickly learning to support and sell new products as up-and-coming vendors are added to our portfolio.
- Serving as internal escalation point for the Support team on critical tickets.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information and concepts in layman’s terms
- Ability to autonomously manage ambiguous situations
- Strong interest in learning new and challenging platforms
- Technical skills combined with significant social prowess
- Genuine passion for customer service and an ability to troubleshoot deployments in an unknown ecosystem
- Ability to identity and learn new technology and skills without explicit guidance.
- Ability to own difficult situations and follow through to completion
- Expertise in one or more Pax8 supported SaaS products
- Willingness to develop technical skills outside of normal working hours
- Desire to validate skillset through industry wide certifications
- Technical expertise in 4-5 products
- Ability to occasionally work outside regular business hours
Required Education & Certifications:
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ work experience
- Recommended certifications: MTA Cloud Fundamentals, Microsoft MS100, MS101, CompTIA A+, Security+, Network+
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $48,000 or more depending on experience
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups