StackHawk is an application security product that is taking a new approach to the market. There is a graveyard of security products that have been sold to the C-Suite and fell flat at implementation. StackHawk is different… we’ve built a product for developers that will help them take ownership of application security. StackHawk is the only product on the market that truly allows developers to run dynamic security tests against their applications before they hit production & protect their APIs from vulnerabilities. With this in mind, we are hiring a Solutions Architect to partner with the sales team, enable them to engage in technical discussions, and be the primary technical relationship owner with prospects & customers. You will assist folks in configuring the StackHawk scanning engine and instrumenting application security testing in their CI/CD pipeline. This role is key to the success of the conversion of prospects to customers, helping them quickly become successful with the scanning engine, and leveraging the StackHawk platform for triaging and fixing security bugs.
As the Solutions Architect for a rapidly growing DevOps + AppSec company, you must be a strongly motivated self-starter that can work cross-functionally with the rest of the Founder, Engineering, and support teams to drive new adoption of the StackHawk product.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the technical product expert with the ability and coach, train, and give technical product demonstrations to customers, prospects, and partners
- Discover customer use cases and their ideal solution using StackHawk's sales methodology
- Own and drive the technical aspects of the customer journey by providing demonstrations, managing proof of concepts, and sharing best practices
- Track customer adoption, engagement, and expansion opportunities to prevent churn and ensure high renewal rates
- Collaborate with engineering / devops / appsec teams to instrument StackHawk in customer CI/CD pipelines
- Shape new product decisions and feature enhancements by conveying customers needs and requests to Product and Engineering teams
- Ability to travel (around 25% estimated) throughout sales territory for meetings with prospects, partners, and events (you know, once this COVID thing is under control)
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing role. Background in sales engineering preferred.
- You have excellent written and oral business communication skills and are comfortable presenting complex technical subjects to both highly technical and business audiences
- Ability to create technical content suitable for a variety of audiences and formats
- Love for learning new technologies and a genuine curiosity about how things work
- Familiarity and experience with some or all of the following technologies: RestAPI, GraphQL, Server Side HTML applications, OAuth/OIDC, Docker, JSON, and YAML
- Have a good understanding of the developer and DevOps ecosystems and practices
- Ability and experience in troubleshooting software products
- You are creative, out of the box thinker with a passion for coming up with novel solutions to complex problems
- Proven track record of success, driving revenue growth against quota
- You’re data-driven, process-oriented, and understand how to measure success
- You love working in teams and your teams love working with you
- You’re comfortable and thrive working in the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! We take care of our employees… We’ll contribute to your WFH setup and hook you up with occasional at-home perks. Plus, work with a team that loves to have fun while doing our work!
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As a Series A company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats arriving at work every day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
StackHawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Salary range for this role is $120K to $200K, or commensurate with experience.