Solutions Architect at Inspirato
Job Title: Solutions Architect
Reports To: Director, Solutions Architect
Inspirato is seeking a Solutions Architect to join our technology team. The candidate should be comfortable with being a hands-on technologist that is capable of building proof-of-concept solutions, partnering with teams to build and deliver MVP solutions, and able to be a technical advisor on evolving, improving, and securing existing systems as a key role on delivery teams. The candidate should have strong written and communication skills, with the ability to design and maintain architecture diagrams and designs, system docs, process flows, etc. The candidate should be comfortable and thrive in a DevOps, Agile environment with a focus on building amazing web and internal systems in the public cloud with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Work with the Solutions Architect team and leadership to design, build, evolve, and implement strategic components of Enterprise Architecture that enable business outcomes and technical outcomes such as operational viability, performance, scalability, resilience/durability, deployability, security, cost management, etc.
- Partner with business and technology stakeholders to understand goals and desired outcomes of systems and determine how to implement them through architectural patterns and practices
- Lead and evangelize decision-making process for solutioning with all platforms, SaaS tools, third-party vendors, etc.
- Partner with DevOps team leadership to design and implement strategy for governance in the pillars of security, cost management, identity, deployment acceleration, and cloud resource maintenance.
- Embody lean-agile and DevOps principles and drive to DevOps outcomes such as Monitoring/Observability enablement for all teams, facilitating a Learning Culture, Process and Deployment Automation, Cloud Infrastructure, Shifting Left on Security, Work in Progress limits and delivering in Small Batches, enabling Continuous Feedback for people and systems, and more.
- Partner in delivery with all levels of business and technology teams with a solution-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Be a positive contributor to agile delivery teams and initiatives through an advisory role on scrum teams by delivering non-functional requirements, architectural design and blueprints, small batch delivery approaches, etc.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or technical field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software system engineering, architecture, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, and evolving public user-facing web software systems in a public cloud environment (Azure preferred).
- Self-starter with strong communication and organization skills
- Proficient in cloud and system architecture designs, diagrams, and documentation that enables teams and drives alignment.
- Proficient in modern architecture patterns and practices such as event-driven architecture, APIs and service-oriented architectures, distributed systems, etc.
- Proficient in cloud infrastructure components (Azure preferred) such as: Virtual Networking, Load Balancing, CDNs, Compute (VMs, serverless, PaaS), Storage (Blob, block, etc), and more.
- Competent in infrastructure-as-code and config-as-code concepts and tooling, such as: ARM templates, CloudFormation, Terraform, Azure CLI, etc.
- Competent in common development tooling and concepts such as: source control (git, Bitbucket, Github) and source control branching strategies, VS Code, package and version management (npm, dotnet, nuget, etc)
- Competent with monitoring and observability tooling, such as: ELK, Grafana, Application Insights, AppDynamics, Sumo Logic, Splunk, etc.
- Competent with IAM and security principles and tooling, such as: Azure AD, Active Directory, VPNs, OAuth/OIDC, SAML, SSL/TLS, etc
- Competent with CI/CD concepts and tooling such as: Azure DevOps, Circle CI, Octo, Jenkins, GitLab, Github Actions
Who We Are
Inspirato is a leading luxury hospitality company that manages, staffs and maintains an exclusive collection of branded luxury vacation homes. Unlike Internet vacation rental brokers, we offer a carefully crafted experience delivering the luxury and service of a five-star hotel in the comfort of a spacious home. This includes investing in luxury furnishings, kitchen appliances, linens, and toiletries for every home, plus an expert service team and local on-site concierge to manage pre-arrival planning, daily housekeeping, and maintenance. With our unparalleled expertise in residential travel, we ensure the consistently luxurious experience that discerning travelers demand. For those who can’t imagine traveling any other way, our private club provides full access to the Inspirato Collection of 900+ vacation options, members-only rates, and valuable travel benefits. For more information on Inspirato, please visit www.inspirato.com
Compensation - $125,000- $150,000 Base Salary
We believe in building a compensation structure that reflects the comparable market pay rate for positions at companies similar in size, revenue generation and geographic location; in addition to individual factors including seniority, performance-based merit, education/training and experience related to scope of responsibilities.
Bonus – This position is eligible for the company’s bonus plan, to the extent offered, at a target bonus percentage of up to 10% of your annual salary.
Benefits – This position is eligible for a health and welfare benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance.
FAM Trip – This Position is eligible for the Employee Familiarization Travel Program following three (3) consecutive months of employment. This program provides you up to one seven (7) day reservation in an eligible Inspirato property per your employment calendar year – subject to seasonal property demands and the company Employee Familiarization Travel Program Terms and Conditions.