Solution Principal - Sitecore
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in seven Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Solution Principal – Digital Experience Management - Sitecore
Motivated individual with a “get it done” mentality that has a passion for helping organizations solve complex business and technology problems. This person will build and deliver intelligent and robust solutions for Slalom Consulting’s clients as a Digital Experience Management Solution Principal. The individual in this role will lead technical requirements sessions, act as a liaison between clients and Slalom’s internal development staff, architect and document solutions, and develop interfaces between Sitecore and other systems. You will have a minimum of five years of meaningful work experience and be adept at handling client expectations and maintaining scope according to defined requirements.
For this particular role, the ideal candidate is an authority in the Sitecore Experience Platform, and is comfortable leading and mentoring a team of developers.
• Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Sitecore platform
• Lead technical design sessions; architect technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives
• Lead developers through the process to Design, Develop, and Build innovative marketing technology solutions
• Lead the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Sitecore implementation
• Develop custom solutions and interfaces using Sitecore
• Develop integrations between Sitecore and other platforms, development frameworks, modern web technologies etc.
• Handle technical scopes and client expectations
• Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers
• Design and lead the execution of test plans to ensure a quality solution is delivered
• Demonstrate technical thought leadership
• Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used
• Be a credible domain authority to clients and partners on sales cycles and marketing events
• Provide detailed estimates
• Train and mentor junior technical resources; own responsibility for ongoing technical development of technical resources on projects.
• Collect and evangelize standard methodologies for development and client delivery among teams, both within and outside of your organization.
• Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 50%
• Serve as a people manager for architects and developers
• Interview potential candidates as needed and as time permits
• Meet with and evaluate client business challenges and help them evaluate and arrive at the best-fit technology solutions
• Collaborate with delivery managers to assess work effort for a solution
• Work with highly skilled Slalom team members to build and develop ground breaking solutions
• Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project
• Work on POC projects with ground breaking technologies
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
• Ability to design and optimize business processes and integrate business processes across disparate systems
• 7+ years of Web Content Management System experience
• Minimum of 3 years of Sitecore platform experience (5+ years preferred)
• Minimum of 5 years of .NET experience
• Understanding of object-oriented design principles
• Solid background in design and development of enterprise systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle
• Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum
• Excellent client-facing written and oral communications skills
• Sitecore certified developer on version 8 or later (vesion 9 preferred)
• Experience with Agile project management methodologies
• Experience leading development teams through everyday project tasks, and collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
• Experience leading and mentoring team members as direct reports
• Demonstrable experience with project management (milestone, status, progress responsibilities)
• Strong customer-facing consulting skills
• Deep functional knowledge of Sales and Support business processes
• Ability to not only solution but help out with hands-on development
• Knowledge of Sitecore Experience Platform features
• Knowledge and experience with the Sitecore Experience Accelerator (SXA) product
• Understanding of Sitecore Helix development principles
• Senior Architecture experience in .NET stack: such as C#, ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC), .NET Core
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.