Delivering Product Demonstrations
- Delivering product demonstrations, forming the technical half of a live demonstration session.
- Normally over WebEx / Zoom / GoToMeeting or similar.
- Communicate and demonstrate the product’s features, advantages and USPs.
- Answering technical questions that arise during the demonstrationUse a standardized demonstration, but adapted if necessary according to each customer’s specific needs.
Assisting Customers During Pre-sales
- Providing ad hoc assistance as necessary normally over WebEx / Zoom / GoToMeeting or similar getting the product set up.
- Providing guidance on specific needs or specific cloud setup.
Answering Customer Support Requests
- Providing reactive support to customers.
- Normally via an email support portal.
Providing Post Sales Support
- Helping the customer succeed, especially in their early use of Matillion.
- Building example jobs.
- Answering questions on best practices.
- Help with specific use cases or integrations.
Creating Digital Content
- Creating content which encourages customers to self-serve, helps sales and marketing, aids SEO, and helps customers succeed with Matillion.
- Writing blog articles, varying between component-level, midrange and offering thought leadership.
- Writing technical articles.
- Recording YouTube videos.
- Planning and delivering webinars.
- Representing Matillion at industry conferences nationally or internationally.
- Staffing the booth.
- Answering questions from the public.
- Giving ad hoc product demonstrations.
- Attending user group meetings.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required - Essential
- Strong ETL or Data Integration experience.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience working with end-users.
- Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Experience working with RDBMS’s, especially one of the MPP databases: Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Teradata or Azure SQL -Data WarehouseExperience using Linux or with Bash scripting.
- Cloud computing: one or more of the following: AWS, GCP or Azure.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required - Desirable
- The following open source technologies: Postgres, MongoDB.
- Python or Java.
- NoSQL environments.
- Network security fundamentals.
- Web Application Servers (httpd or Tomcat).
- A 1st or 2:1 in computer science or related subject (qualifications may be waived in lieu of experience).
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Passionate and enthusiastic about the latest information technology advancements.
- A self-confessed technology geek, with the ability to talk for hours about all things “data”.
- An intersection of technical skill and first class customer communication. Consultant style, with solid technical/engineering -backgrounds and good customer-facing experience. Ability to thrive in an Agile environment.-
- Empathy and/or diplomacy when dealing with novices to the Cloud.