Solution Architect (Remote) at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Solution Architect (SA) designs and implements information systems and software architectures that support Ball functions and ensures those designs completely and accurately support the needs of the business. The SA is committed to the development of all technology solution plans, assuring that technology solutions are aligned with applicable enterprise architecture frameworks and meet business requirements. SAs are responsible for evaluating and selecting the technologies required to complete those technology solution plans and assisting in project planning. This position is remote and can be based anywhere in the U.S.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Interacts directly with business partners to develop the technical dimensions of a solution that meets the needs of the business
- Clearly communicate (verbally and in written form) with business users to describe the technical solution, and address questions from the business regarding the technical solution
- Support the development of technical requirements for the solution, inclusive of configuration, data, process, security, and quality
- Drive end-to-end solution architecture integrity and the functional relationship with other projects and applications consistent with long term architectural roadmap
- Validate the alignment of solutions with corporate standards and compliance requirements
- Ensure that solution architecture supports realization of technology investment – ensure that we maximize the value of the investments we make by understanding and leveraging existing technology capabilities before making new investments
- Develop technical design specifications that can be used by solutions/systems engineers to produce detailed technical design documentation
- Understand the architectural review process and engagement (e.g., ARB) to facilitate discussions regarding necessary modifications to project solution architecture to overcome design challenges or deviations observed in project design
- Have knowledge and ability to assess impacts of proposed solution and the need to engage build resources that may be required to modify configuration or code to support implementation of the solution
- Challenge the design documents in order to refine the design as necessary to align with architectural intent
- Follows established architectural standards, frameworks, and policies to ensure conformity and impacts to architecture standards for design under review
- Effectively manage technology portfolio to maximize the return on IT investment, reduce tech debt, ensure appropriate lifecycle management, and reduce TCO.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a Solution Architect
- 5+ years of total experience in technical roles such as developer or system analyst
- Experience with analysis level tools for: architectural diagrams, technical design specification, business use cases, business rules, and system level features
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF or similar is preferred)
- Broad based platform and technical exposure and complete software development lifecycle experience
- Good presentation and communication skills, with the ability to translate and clearly formulate technical issues for technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong project and team management skills
- Ability to work in global, multinational and remote teams in a matrix organization
Ideal candidate will have as much of a combination of experience with the following:
- DELMIA Apriso for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Plant Maintenance preferred
- SAP S/4HANA preferred
- DELMIA Apriso for Warehouse Management and Quality Management preferred
- Rockwell FactoryTalk for Line Monitoring preferred
- Ignition by Inductive Automation for line process interface is a plus
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $86,500- $132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans