Solution Architect for FIS Aligne at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The global energy and commodities markets change rapidly, and prices move by the millisecond. To compete on a global scale, while remaining compliant with each region's regulation, requires technology that brings clarity to new trade and arbitrage opportunities.
OnlyFISoffers a comprehensive energy and commodity trading and risk management (ETRM) system and energy trading software for credit risk management, market data, accounting and treasury that can help you succeed in this complex market.
In the midst of a constantly changing market, Aligne can help you compete more effectively. A front-to-back trading system, Aligne streamlines and integrates the trading, risk management and operations of physical commodities and their associated financial instruments. The solution supports trading for energy commodities, weather, emissions, heat, freight, metals, FX and derivatives as well as handling scheduling and managing nominations
What you will be doing
This is an important role where you will be responsible for key functional and technology decisions that define the solution footprint for the Aligne team! This is in addition to ensuring consistency in the approach that the team takes towards developing pragmatic solutions.
- Design and architect world class technology solutions in the Aligne application space using an effective, agile approach.
- Translate complex business needs into user-focused solutions that are simple, elegant and maintainable.
- These solutions need to adhere to all key aspects of enterprise architecture including key aspects such as performance, security and scalability.
- Provide architectural and functional oversight within key projects for Aligne implementations.
- Provide oversight and best practices to the implementation team members
- Coaching best practices with respect to standardized implementation practices across one to many implementations.
- Play a key role in defining/implementing solid implementation processes that cover all aspects of design and development (e.g. rigorous code reviews, structured unit testing, vulnerability testing and remediation).
- Responsibility for orchestrating effective design/architecture reviews and configuration reviews of key functional and technical business capabilities within Energy Supply, Trading, Operations, and Settlement.
- Develop partnerships with key stakeholders, ensure a high degree of transparency.
- Out-of-the box thinking regarding technology solutions and in resolving technical issues for the team.
- Will be required to provide high level functional and technical support for enterprise application solutions in production
What you bring:
- Self-motivated, proactive, and an out-of-the-box thinker, demonstrating high levels of initiative and integrity.
- Brings an extremely strong functional and technical foundation with a solid background in systems design and architectural patterns, and an innate ability to map concepts across various ETRM platforms.
- Always curious and has the intellectual agility to learn quickly, adapt to change and enjoy tackling challenges.
- At least 12 to 15 years of industry experience with excellent background of enterprise design and application architecture with key focus on areas that include scalability, performance and security.
- Solid understanding of security best practices including use of OAuth2, SAML protocols and various aspects of data security.
- Ability to work across multiple tools, frameworks, databases (Oracle/MS SQL/PostGreSQL) and technology stacks.
- Exposure to the public cloud (AWS/Azure) - preferably architectural experience using cloud-based constructs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to break down complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills, having the ability to communicate technical aspects effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Very high energy levels, demonstrating the attitude and drive to take on more, do more and be more. Also bringing with them a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to execute effectively within a team and lead by example.
Added bonus if you have:
- Previous experience with any of the followingETRMsoftware: OpenLink, Triple Point, Allegro, or Quorum.
- Previous Solution Architecture experience within Energy, Utility, or Financial Services industries
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.