DAT Solutions is looking for a Software Test Engineer to join our team in Denver, CO. This cross-functional team is responsible for building software that drives our SaaS platform in AWS, and works with cutting edge tools to build and deploy systems in our CI/CD pipeline. You will be working with the team to both manually test and automate integration and end-to-end tests to ensure efficient and adequate test coverage of our microservices, APIs, and web applications.
What You’ll Do
- Test both back end data-intensive applications and consumer-facing SaaS web platforms.
- Perform manual testing as needed and document potential areas of improvement in the form of automation.
- Develop automated tests to ensure the quality of code in modern CI/CD pipelines
- Help foster a culture of quality on an engineering team. As part of the team, with an expertise in testing, sharing best practices and coaching software engineers will be an integral part of the role.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude. Be teachable, flexible, and adaptable. Be willing to embrace change. Do not just report problems; be a problem solver.
- attend and actively participate in all project team meetings such as Daily Standups, Sprint (Pre-)Planning meetings, and Retrospectives.
The Skills You’ll Need
- Experience working with Angular or other modern JS frameworks utilizing a Node backend.
- 2 years experience in software test automation
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to take full responsibility of a task from concept to completion with minimal supervision
- Passion for investigating and determining the root cause of test or product failures
- A demonstrated ability to develop a deep understanding of the business domain and the problems we solve for our customers.
- A desire to help maintain a quality codebase. Bugs reported as pull requests are always encouraged.
- Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with containerization and clustering technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
(Colorado only) In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $105,000.00 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience.
DAT Software and Analytics is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Software and Analytics embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Software and Analytics offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Software and Analytics will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.