DAT Solutions is looking for Software Test Engineer IV to join our team in Denver, CO We’re looking for a Software Test Engineer to lead the test effort for the new DAT iQ initiative. DAT iQ is a product combination of analytics, data engineering, and data visualization.
As a Software Test Engineer IV, you will be a Test Lead responsible for leading the test effort for the DAT iQ teams set of products and releases. In this role you will work with our team of data engineers, data scientists and data visualization experts using cutting edge tools to test products and verify that they are reliable, scalable, and sustainable. The team will work on the full stack, building back end Big Data solutions in AWS, taking advanced predictive analytics models from experiment to full scale production, and creating compelling interactive web-scale data visualizations. The Test Lead will be working with the team to develop the best full stack test strategy including automation, oversee test execution, and help with hiring as the team adds new members.
What You’ll Do
- Lead effort to plan effective manual and automated test strategy, and document using team-approved tools and
- Collaborate with the team to provide test estimates and define necessary test coverage.
- Verify products meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Understand and advocate Agile QA best practices but be flexible to work within team sprint goals.
- Design, write, and execute test cases using applicable test design techniques.
- Work with team members to drill down into all layers of stack to determine root cause of defects.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on DAT iQ. Understand all components of DAT iQ’s product offering, and how the data is collected, processed, and displayed.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and direction to other test team members.
The Skills You’ll Need
Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Equivalent
- Experience with Agile Scrum
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to direct and track test activities of other team members.
- Excellent problem-solving, multitasking, and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of JIRA for user stories, project workflow, and defect tracking
- SQLquery and relational database experience as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with Test Automation.
EXPERIENCE A PLUS
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift or similar cloud technologies such as Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with containerization and clustering technologies technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload
(Colorado only) In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $110,000.00 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience.
DAT Software and Analytics is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $110 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Software and Analytics embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Software and Analytics offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Software and Analytics will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee- based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.