Software Test Engineer 2 at Bluestaq (Colorado Springs, CO)
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $93,396 - $126,317. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. This position is not remote.
Additional Compensation: This position is eligible for an end of year bonus.
Employment Benefits: Bluestaq offers a wide range of competitive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Leave, and 401k. For more information regarding Bluestaq benefits, please visit https://www.bluestaq.com/bennies.
Bluestaq starts with our people.
Are you ready for the best job you've ever had?
At Bluestaq, we've rapidly built a culture around ownership, trust, community, and innovation. Bluestaq is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where our team feels valued, works with a purpose of mission, is personally rewarded, and is professionally challenged.
Bluestaq is an emerging technology company founded in 2018 to streamline global operations using cutting-edge enterprise software and mission analytics. Bluestaq develops and transforms its enterprise systems and secures disparate data to solve our customers' most critical challenges. Today, Bluestaq primarily provides the U.S. Department of Defense and the nation's intelligence community with advanced software systems. Our name, Bluestaq, originates from "blue" a military term for friendly forces, and "staq" referring to a software stack.
Let’s talk about the accolades our team has racked up in just four years! Bluestaq was recognized as an Inc. Magazine 2021 Best Workplaces, a 2021 Colorado Inno on Fire Company, and a 2020 Colorado Company to Watch. Bluestaq was honored by the Colorado Technology Association as the 2019 Emerging Tech Company of the Year and named Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC 2019 New Company of the Year. For the third consecutive year, Bluestaq landed on the Colorado Springs Gazette Best Workplaces in Colorado Springs (2019 – 2021) and Built In’s Best Places to Work Lists: Best Places to Work in Colorado, Best Small Companies to Work for in Colorado, and Best Paying Companies in Colorado (2020 – 2022). Our team is award winning and ahhhmazing!
Looking for amazing quality of life? In 2019, Colorado Springs scored a “Perfect 10” for “desirability” by US News & World Report.
Why join Bluestaq in Colorado Springs?
- Cost of living - below the national average
- Lifestyle Amenities – coffee shops, craft breweries, boutiques, locally-owned restaurants
- Nature – more than 100 parks and ample outdoor sporting opportunities
- Weather – Colorado Springs boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year
- Laid back atmosphere – an accessible alternative to the faced-paced Denver lifestyle
We are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a Software Test Engineer at Bluestaq, you are a recognized software professional with hands-on technical expertise. The ideal candidate is a motivated results-driven Software Test Engineer responsible for designing and running tests (manual and automated), have good communication skills, up-to-date knowledge of software programming and software test design. The Software Test Engineer will design and conduct tests, analyze the results, and report observations. As a Bluestaq Software Test Engineer you have demonstrated experience in writing consistently high-quality automated tests using industry best practices.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years of software development or programming experience with a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Ability to design, implement and maintain a variety of testing frameworks from scratch.
- Hands-on experience in developing automation frameworks and writing test scripts.
- Strong experience in both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of test techniques and compatibility with various software programs.
- Professional experience with Java or Python, or other programming languages.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to be the voice of quality during testing, raising issues when needed, and highlighting risk.
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to work across multiple teams and share knowledge.
- Ability to influence others in a positive manner.
- Ability to apply software skills and knowledge to approach new problems in creative ways.
- Scopes work on complex projects involving multiple engineers, and ensures the team’s delivery.
- Hands on experience with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- Ability to communicate scope and state of work, identifying issues, and anticipating roadblocks that may arise.
- Proactive and thoughtful in seeking clarification and asking questions.
- Finds the right balance between persevering on a problem and asking for help.
- Takes responsibility for their personal development, has a growth mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Independently prioritizes and escalates unforeseen issues.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for projects.
Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
Clearance Requirement: This position requires the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance. To be eligible for a clearance, US Citizenship is required, and an employee must agree to participate in a background screen and credit check.
Proof of Vaccination: This position requires all new hires to present proof of vaccination upon their hire date. Please contact Human Resources, at [email protected], if you need to discuss our medical or religious exemption process.
How to Apply: Please visit https://bluestaqllc.formstack.com/forms/jobapplication to apply for this position.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Bluestaq is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Bluestaq will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities and employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Bluestaq or a direct threat. Employees needing such accommodation are instructed to contact Human Resources immediately at [email protected]