Software Test Configuration Specialist
This Software Test Configuration Specialist is responsible for leading a team in, or independently configuring, unit testing, debugging and troubleshooting application software or enhancements to application software, related to implementation of company software products utilizing various standard toolsets. You will work in the configuration team alongside business consultants and partnering with other internal teams. Where required by the project, may also be responsible for supporting delivery of software at customer premises. Your time will be split between requirement review, customer specific configuration, design and test. You'll help review requirements, design, configure and support our deliverable to the customer.
Essential Job Functions
- In a team or independently codes or configures complex software functionality according to functional specifications, to the agreed schedule
- Communicates regularly with architects, project team leaders and members to maintain technical integrity of the project
- Configures software functionality according to functional specifications
- May act as technical lead for a project team (e.g. within Scrum Master role)
- Makes design decisions and defines work tasks for team, and assigns tickets to other team members
- Assists architects with functional specification, design and providing feedback on same
- Unit tests configuration and debugs accordingly
- Coordinates issues, updates and fixes with the project team
- Supports system and solution integration testing, user acceptance testing and provides timely resolutions to problems encountered
- Leads and/or assist in Release Management, Configuration Management and Ticket Management as required
- Leads code reviews, design reviews, or other forms of team quality procedures. Works with peers/clients to ensure end to end functionality of software from project scheduling and design through implementation.
- Resolves assigned tickets and communicates with Architects on issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years development experience
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to cultivate effective working relationships with internal teams and customers
- Knowledge of Telecoms Industry preferred
- Knowledge and experience in BSS solutions
- Team lead, e.g. Scrum Master
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A good understanding of client requirements and CSG software product solutions
- Ability to link the business value of a requirement to a functional specification, in order to provide valued feedback to architects on the direction a functional specification might take to meet the business need
- Ability to translate business requirements into configuration design, test, debug and to document
- API probing, (specifically Postman API User interface application)
- Strong ability to code review, debug, test and document techniques
- Works well within a team environment and with remote teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively convey and clarify complex information
- Basic team leadership skills to influence and gain cooperation of others
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment